Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

LEAVE LEVEIN ALONE !

OK, everybody seems to be getting on Levein's back, but I genuinely feel that by giving him enough time - this club will eventually succeed !!

This year is about consolidation and gelling the team together. He has some great young players, has reduced the wage bill, got rid of the older 'dead wood' in the team and pitched in the younger players. Also, we're not hoofing the ball either (although I have only been to the Blackpool match this year).

However, we need a clinical striker and although I rate MDV for his close control and back to goal - he's not clinical enough. Hume and Hammond need more competition !!

Up the Foxes :devil:

for the people booing levein yesterday and a few you don't know what you're doing chants, please FCUK OFF!

ferguson hasn't managed to make man u a premiership winning side for the past 2 seasons with masses of money, yet we're expected to gain promotion with little budget, you're supposed to go to "support" your team, a lot of you seem not to understand this.

people seem to forget that we looked the better side for a lot of the match and was playing with 10 men, i know some people (including myself) felt that the substitute (taking hume off) was a silly move, yet elvis (the sub) scored and was set up by....de vries!

so if you're planning to come and moan every week, please don't bother, go and support chelsea, i'm sure you'll feel at home there!

OK, everybody seems to be getting on Levein's back, but I genuinely feel that by giving him enough time - this club will eventually succeed !!

This year is about consolidation and gelling the team together. He has some great young players, has reduced the wage bill, got rid of the older 'dead wood' in the team and pitched in the younger players. Also, we're not hoofing the ball either (although I have only been to the Blackpool match this year).

However, we need a clinical striker and although I rate MDV for his close control and back to goal - he's not clinical enough. Hume and Hammond need more competition !!

Up the Foxes :devil:

for the people booing levein yesterday and a few you don't know what you're doing chants, please FCUK OFF!

ferguson hasn't managed to make man u a premiership winning side for the past 2 seasons with masses of money, yet we're expected to gain promotion with little budget, you're supposed to go to "support" your team, a lot of you seem not to understand this.

people seem to forget that we looked the better side for a lot of the match and was playing with 10 men, i know some people (including myself) felt that the substitute (taking hume off) was a silly move, yet elvis (the sub) scored and was set up by....de vries!

so if you're planning to come and moan every week, please don't bother, go and support chelsea, i'm sure you'll feel at home there!

I abosolutly agree with both of these points, i've come on here and the OS and in recent weeks all i'm reading is repeats of the same complaints over and over again it's boring, annoying and totaly unessersary either grow up and support your team or as was said in the above answer F**k off and support Chelsea, Arsenal,Liverpool or Man Utd then you'll get the instant success that your clearly seeking, because you won't get here.

Can I just add that at the beginning of the season Levein didn't say this team would win promotion. He just wanted to see an improvement in the way we play and the final league position. The start's been average but there's a lot more football to be played between now and the end of the season. He's signed players on three year deals and if by the end of those deals we haven't won promotion then he won't be manager anymore anyway imo. Micky Adams last season signed players on 1 year deals and said "don't talk to me about the top six, talk to me about the top two". If you're looking to finish in the top two then last season's start was not good enough. But when the team is looking for an improvement on last season, this start is ok. Not brilliant but ok. Plus what good will it do us bringing in a new manager after Levein has just finished building his own side? The manager won't be able to bring any new players in and will be stuck with Levein's crop. You might aswell let Levein have a go with the squad he's assembled. Imo, if this group of players are going to win promotion with Leicester City, it will happen with Levein in charge.

Yeah i agree...everyone was worshipping him when he bringing al these decent players in, but now we're not doing so well they want him out.

It will take time for us to get a good enough squad for us to gwet rpomoted - and to stay in the premiership.

The moaner aint city supporters they are supporters of wins. They only want to gi and see their team win and when they dont win they dont support them. well all you moaners should leave and support chelski

Can I just add that at the beginning of the season Levein didn't say this team would win promotion. He just wanted to see an improvement in the way we play and the final league position. The start's been average but there's a lot more football to be played between now and the end of the season. He's signed players on three year deals and if by the end of those deals we haven't won promotion then he won't be manager anymore anyway imo. Micky Adams last season signed players on 1 year deals and said "don't talk to me about the top six, talk to me about the top two". If you're looking to finish in the top two then last season's start was not good enough. But when the team is looking for an improvement on last season, this start is ok. Not brilliant but ok. Plus what good will it do us bringing in a new manager after Levein has just finished building his own side? The manager won't be able to bring any new players in and will be stuck with Levein's crop. You might aswell let Levein have a go with the squad he's assembled. Imo, if this group of players are going to win promotion with Leicester City, it will happen with Levein in charge.

Good call.With a dire need to cut wages and recruit players on lower wages and ones new to our league it was always mission impossible to gain promotion or even playoffs.The early loss in the season of Hughes and Weslowski has been a very serious blow for CL.To end the season higher up the table should have been our realistic target.If Mr Levein does this this season then I'm okay about that. The combination of Gudjonsson,Hughes and Weslowski in midfield come Late December will provide a strong drive and muscle for the team as these players play off each other well and will bring out an improvement in players like Sylla, De Vries and Hume.I still see those 3 midfielders playing well together providing a strong controlling role in midfield and rotating with each other from going from defence to attack against teams. Results will come and Levein will attain midtable security.Providing we help the man stay there till them.Show some faith in what is a difficult job please.

It might also be remembered that, according to the match programme, QPR have half the budget of Leicester to work with yet are on the fringe of the play-off places.

They looked far more dangerous than us in the air (and the ball was too often in the air) and they had clearly worked on their set pieces (whereas it was not apparent that we had done anything).

Altogether they made the BEST of their situation, and would seem to be doing so generally. He did/do not.

Archived