Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Just for The People's Hero

Gilbert the Filbert strikes. lollol:D:D;):thumbup:

No Direction Home

Peter Gilbert

For those of us old enough to be lucky enough to have grown up with the words and music of Bob Dylan then this is going to be a great week since the great man is the subject of a TV bio/documentary by Martin Scorcese entitled No Direction Home which sounds rather like a match preview for our next home match:

We really are down at the moment like a bunch of complete unknowns, with no direction home, like a rolling stone. How does it feel? Well not too good actually. It feels like the world’s gone mad, it’s turned upside down; The Times they are a Changing, A Hard Rain’s A Gonna Fall, we’re just Blowing in the Wind, Tomorrow is a Long Time, We don’t have God On Our Side( Best wishes Martin), All I Really Wanna Do is enjoy watching my team again, but they’re all singing It Ain’t Me Babe, It’s a Motorpsycho Nightmare we’re too poor to employ any players with Boots of Spanish Leather.

Don’t Think Twice It’s All Right I know we’re Only a Pawn in Their Game. I certainly do not feel it’ll be ok When The Ship Comes In, we are not standing At The Gates of Eden. In fact it really feels like It’s All Over Now Baby Blue, It’s All Right Ma (I’m only bleeding) And to think that we the supporters always give Love Minus Zero No Limit.We want Mr Tambourine Man back but we know he’s got The Subterranean Homesick Blues.

So Tuesday night? Do we stay home and watch Bob or set the video and watch our team against Brighton?

We are lucky to have walked the earth at the same time as Bob Dylan it’s been rather like being able to look at the Mona Lisa whenever we want but now she’s got the highway blues you can tell by the way she smiles.

Whatever I expect at least 10 million videos will whir into action in the homes of Britain on Monday and Tuesday evenings to record for posterity one of the greats, whereas at Filbert Way we’ll be served up with another dose of dross. But we go along week after week that’s what happens In The Waters Of Oblivion, you get Tangled Up in Blue and you’re permanently Knocking On Heaven’s Door.

If you don’t turn up on Tuesday night, that’s all right, can’t say I blame you but make sure you watch Bob Dylan and listen very carefully to what he’s got to say, he at least does know what he’s doing.

Archived