Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jay

O'Neil for England!

it's only from the Sunday People so it's got a very very good chance of being total rubbish but....

MARTIN O'NEILL has emerged as a front-runner to replace Sven Goran Eriksson after next summer's World Cup.

Despite the fact Eriksson's contract does not expire until 2008, there is an acceptance within the highest levels of the FA that he will leave next summer.

And O'Neill is seen as one of the favourites to take over from him following the finals in Germany.

The former Celtic boss was lined up to succeed Eriksson when the Swede was torn between England and Chelsea and his stock is still high within Soho Square.

He is seen as a man who can bring passion and desire back into the job of England manager ... something that has been palpably missing under Eriksson.

O'Neill has a reputation as an outstanding man-manager and has a track record of success, including guiding Celtic to the UEFA Cup final where they lost to Jose Mourinho's Porto.

If he was English then I'm sure he'd be a certainty to take over after the world cup. But as he is not there's always that issue of having an English manager. But then again if we win the world cup we won't need a manager. Also a lot depends on how the United-Ferguson situation pans out.

he's sort of English. He would easily be my first choice. If not, then Glenn Hoddle, for reasons which Thracian will point out ;)

Sort of English in the fact he was born in and played for Northern Ireland!!!! lol

I think he would be a geat England manager he never spent much time on the training ground etc but those who play for him really respect the man.. the legend something I don't think they do with Sven

yep i agree. would do wonders for england but i dont think he'll like the whole country on his back every few minutes. He's a proud irishman and i cant see him taking it to be honest. Also I dont think non eglish will be a problem for the FA seeing as we have a swede currently ...

it's only from the Sunday People so it's got a very very good chance of being total rubbish but....

I heard this rumour on Monday from the 60-year-old guy that has supported Leic city for the last 40 years.

He seemed very keen on the idea :)

Archived