Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_fan

Am I the only person who thought that the England match wasnt that good?

The papers have been raving about england's performance. I thought it wasnt special or anything.

In the telegraph this morning- they were hyping up wright-phillips to be a serious challenger to Beckham. From what i saw last night, Wright-Phillips is miles away from even putting any pressure on Beckham. He got pace and can beat players but he cant cross to save his life. I dont think he made a single, useful contribution last night except making the full back work real hard. Beckham is so much more effective, even with his lack of pace, he makes it up for it with his wonderful crossing ability and that usually turns into goals. If we wanted a winger who had pace and crossing ability to challenge Beckham, then i suggest we look at Pennant. For all his faults, he is a very talented winger and i think we should look at him seriously.

Luke Young was very very average. i dont rate him enough to be a England right-back. Whenever he tried to get forward he was absolutely useless. Unlike Gary Neville who can do something.

I have no problems with our central defence, we have got loads of options to choose from.

For left back, Obviously Ashley Cole is our 1st choice. But i believe there isnt a viable alternative to challege Cole. Bridge, personally for me, isnt that good. I would've been interested to see how Barry and Konchesky does if they were ever picked.

For central midfield, i guess we all agree that we need a defensive midfielder to complement the more attacking counterpart. I dont think we are short of options in that area at all. We got Carrick, King, Parker and Hargreaves.

Their partners will be a toss up between Gerrard and Lampard, Even Beckham too. I'm not particularly worried about the midfield situation, its up to Erikkson to start using his brain properley and do the right thing.

On the left wing, i'm STILL not convinced with Joe Cole. I'm still waiting for Downing to be given a chance to show what he can do for us. Richardson is all action but no end product. I havent seen him make a decent cross for england so the jury is still out on him.

Upfront we need to abandon the "we need a target man" mentality. We need to start learning to pass and move. Crouch isnt the answer, so is Heskey. If our best strikers are all small, then we should be trying to pass the ball along the ground and create throughballs rather than lobbing it over.

I would like to see Bent play instead of Owen. People hark on about Owen's goalscoring record when he is absolutely useless in every aspect of his game. If Bent or Defoe was given a chance, maybe, just maybe, they will be as influencial as Owen but with better all round skills. I just hate it when people assume that Owen is the be all and end all for goals when i'm sure there are other guys out there who has a good inscinct for scoring goals too.

Rooney- other than his questionable temperment. He's Awesome.

If he was injured who would be suitable enough to replace him. Owen, Bent and Defoe are all out and out goalscorers. Obviously there isnt anyone as good as him but someone who can drop deep and link up with the midfield like Rooney. Unfortunately we dont seem to have many options. I used to think Smith was a good alternative. But with his recent conversion to midfield, i'm not sure now.

I had high hopes for Bentley but right now hes going nowhere.

What about Dyer??? he may not score much goals but his pace will cause alot of problems.

Sorry for the lengthy team analysis, i just needed to voice my opinion about the England team.

In the telegraph this morning- they were hyping up wright-phillips to be a serious challenger to Beckham. From what i saw last night, Wright-Phillips is miles away from even putting any pressure on Beckham. He got pace and can beat players but he cant cross to save his life. I dont think he made a single, useful contribution last night except making the full back work real hard. Beckham is so much more effective, even with his lack of pace, he makes it up for it with his wonderful crossing ability and that usually turns into goals. If we wanted a winger who had pace and crossing ability to challenge Beckham, then i suggest we look at Pennant. For all his faults, he is a very talented winger and i think we should look at him seriously.

the problem is Beckham isn't he doesn't have the pace anymore to play on the wing, spends half his time wandering off to left back and seems to have lost the ability to stay on the wing and be an option of switching play, he doesn't have the pace to go past players and if you want to play him in the centre of midfield he isn't as good as Gerrard or Lampard and Ledley could teach him a few things about playing in the role of holding midfielder!

the way Tiatto plays for Leicester frustrates many because he comes into midfield far to often and leaves us lacking options on the wing and I see no difference in the way Beckham plays for England except his long balls which are great but not everything!!

The papers have been raving about england's performance. I thought it wasnt special or anything.

Luke Young was very very average. i dont rate him enough to be a England right-back. Whenever he tried to get forward he was absolutely useless. Unlike Gary Neville who can do something.

I have no problems with our central defence, we have got loads of options to choose from.

For left back, Obviously Ashley Cole is our 1st choice. But i believe there isnt a viable alternative to challege Cole. Bridge, personally for me, isnt that good. I would've been interested to see how Barry and Konchesky does if they were ever picked.

For central midfield, i guess we all agree that we need a defensive midfielder to complement the more attacking counterpart. I dont think we are short of options in that area at all. We got Carrick, King, Parker and Hargreaves.

Their partners will be a toss up between Gerrard and Lampard, Even Beckham too. I'm not particularly worried about the midfield situation, its up to Erikkson to start using his brain properley and do the right thing.

On the left wing, i'm STILL not convinced with Joe Cole. I'm still waiting for Downing to be given a chance to show what he can do for us. Richardson is all action but no end product. I havent seen him make a decent cross for england so the jury is still out on him.

Upfront we need to abandon the "we need a target man" mentality. We need to start learning to pass and move. Crouch isnt the answer, so is Heskey. If our best strikers are all small, then we should be trying to pass the ball along the ground and create throughballs rather than lobbing it over.

I would like to see Bent play instead of Owen. People hark on about Owen's goalscoring record when he is absolutely useless in every aspect of his game. If Bent or Defoe was given a chance, maybe, just maybe, they will be as influencial as Owen but with better all round skills. I just hate it when people assume that Owen is the be all and end all for goals when i'm sure there are other guys out there who has a good inscinct for scoring goals too.

Rooney- other than his questionable temperment. He's Awesome.

If he was injured who would be suitable enough to replace him. Owen, Bent and Defoe are all out and out goalscorers. Obviously there isnt anyone as good as him but someone who can drop deep and link up with the midfield like Rooney. Unfortunately we dont seem to have many options. I used to think Smith was a good alternative. But with his recent conversion to midfield, i'm not sure now.

I had high hopes for Bentley but right now hes going nowhere.

What about Dyer??? he may not score much goals but his pace will cause alot of problems.

Sorry for the lengthy team analysis, i just needed to voice my opinion about the England team.

You say all that and are critical of a number of players but I suspect there's a lot of rose tinted spec wearing with respect to Rooney, I reckon 70% of his passes were incomplete and shots were off target, well it certainly seem so it to me. Yes he does have a presence which implies he's awesome and yes he can be but last night, performance wise was not one of those occasions.

I still think england could do much better but overall was a much better performance compared to Denmark, N Ire, wales and Austria

Archived