Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Leicester Panthers - American Football request

Is there anyone on here who is either an ex-Panthers player or who knows someone who is?

Or who knows of a contact point for British American football teams from the 80's/90's?

I have complete video of every match the Panthers played (even the Ice Bowl against the Bulls) and I'm sure there must be someone who would love to get their hands on what may be a unique historical record of UK Gridiron in its brief heyday. 

I also have many programmes and an original Panthers bomber jacket etc...

Please pm me if anyone has a contact who may be interested. 

I know.

Watched his every game - got them available.

Chatted and drank with him at Panthers after match get togethers.

Good guy.

15 hours ago, Wendy said:

My brother played for them in the 80’s, mick Carpenter , don’t know what positions he played , he has now passed away so any pics of him would be fab 

I'll see what I've got. Can't really remember the name off the top of my head so he was probably an offensive lineman. 

On 10/04/2018 at 18:23, Wendy said:

I’ve just found his member ship card which dates 1987 

Was he about 5'5"? 

If he was I think he was a Corner Back, possibly number 30. 

When I have time I'll look more into it and get back to you.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 12:11, FIF said:

Is there anyone on here who is either an ex-Panthers player or who knows someone who is?

Or who knows of a contact point for British American football teams from the 80's/90's?

I have complete video of every match the Panthers played (even the Ice Bowl against the Bulls) and I'm sure there must be someone who would love to get their hands on what may be a unique historical record of UK Gridiron in its brief heyday. 

i currently play for the falcons and am doing a dissertation on the rise and fall of the panthers, I currently work for david haggar too. id like to attempt to collect together as many files on the team as possible and hopefully aim at digitalizing them all eventually to create an archive

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/04/2018 at 13:20, dan charlton said:

i currently play for the falcons and am doing a dissertation on the rise and fall of the panthers, I currently work for david haggar too. id like to attempt to collect together as many files on the team as possible and hopefully aim at digitalizing them all eventually to create an archive

I've sent you a pm.

• 1 year later...
On 12/04/2018 at 10:06, FIF said:

Was he about 5'5"? 

If he was I think he was a Corner Back, possibly number 30. 

When I have time I'll look more into it and get back to you.

Byron Raitz here. Head coach of the Panthers 87 and part of 88 with Sean Peyton. Mick the kick. He was our place kicker, field goals and kick offs. He was a fine, reliable and accurate  kicker. Sorry to hear of his passing

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 07/04/2018 at 12:11, Guest said:

Interested in the Ice Bowl and have you got the Ravens playoff game from 85?? Cheers, Kevin 

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 05/08/2019 at 20:30, Byron Raitz said:

Byron Raitz here. Head coach of the Panthers 87 and part of 88 with Sean Peyton. Mick the kick. He was our place kicker, field goals and kick offs. He was a fine, reliable and accurate  kicker. Sorry to hear of his passing

Mick the Kick is still alive and kicking - he’s my dad :)