Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

People who moan about chart music....

With regards to any topic about music the one that makes me laugh is this.....

... SO MANY PEOPLE MOAN ABOUT THE CURRENT STATE OF THE CHARTS, BUT DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA OF FINDING OUT ABOUT MORE UNDERGROUND ACTS. As a 28 year old, I stopped listening to chart music about 12 years ago and am not a fan of R&B or Hip Hop at all.

However, through buying certain music magazines, M*jo, Unc*t and W*rd, as well as Internati*nal DJ magazine I have discovered more underground artists including Blue States, Emiliano Torrini and David Sylvian - all unique artists with varying styles of music.

Also check out buying cheap compilations from good record stores like Select-a-D*sc in Nottingham as this introduces me to lots of new acts.

If you love music like I do you and hated the charts, by doing this you wouldn't worry about them again.

I am all for manufactured groups if it's what keeps people happy - but if you're not then look around for more underground acts !!!

P.S. I put * in some of the names of the magazines as unsure whether we're allowed to publish the names of them in the forum.

• 2 weeks later...

With regards to any topic about music the one that makes me laugh is this.....

... SO MANY PEOPLE MOAN ABOUT THE CURRENT STATE OF THE CHARTS, BUT DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA OF FINDING OUT ABOUT MORE UNDERGROUND ACTS. As a 28 year old, I stopped listening to chart music about 12 years ago and am not a fan of R&B or Hip Hop at all.

However, through buying certain music magazines, M*jo, Unc*t and W*rd, as well as Internati*nal DJ magazine I have discovered more underground artists including Blue States, Emiliano Torrini and David Sylvian - all unique artists with varying styles of music.

Also check out buying cheap compilations from good record stores like Select-a-D*sc in Nottingham as this introduces me to lots of new acts.

If you love music like I do you and hated the charts, by doing this you wouldn't worry about them again.

I am all for manufactured groups if it's what keeps people happy - but if you're not then look around for more underground acts !!!

P.S. I put * in some of the names of the magazines as unsure whether we're allowed to publish the names of them in the forum.

People that piss me off are the music snobs, they say how great a band is but as soon as they hit the charts they start slagging em off for being "too commercial"

Archived