Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ikon_Klow

Leadership

Dear all

I am supporter of Craig Levein and I firmly believe (and hope/pray) that he will come good in the future.

Along with tactical awareness, LCFC are sadly missing a leader on the pitch. Dion tries but unfortunately fails. There is nobody who drives the players forward and motivates them on the pitch. I don't know what to suggest but I hope we can find one in the January transfer window. There are a lot of young and quiet players on the pitch and a loud mouth dominant leader is needed badly.

Anyone else agree? Any suggested targets?

Also, keep backing Levein for this season. There is no one better and we don't have the money for a change. He has done fantastic work off the pitch and once a few missing links are found the team could really take off. Patience is required. It may test all of us to the limit but it will happen.

Dear all

I am supporter of Craig Levein and I firmly believe (and hope/pray) that he will come good in the future.

Along with tactical awareness, LCFC are sadly missing a leader on the pitch. Dion tries but unfortunately fails. There is nobody who drives the players forward and motivates them on the pitch. I don't know what to suggest but I hope we can find one in the January transfer window. There are a lot of young and quiet players on the pitch and a loud mouth dominant leader is needed badly.

Anyone else agree? Any suggested targets?

Also, keep backing Levein for this season. There is no one better and we don't have the money for a change. He has done fantastic work off the pitch and once a few missing links are found the team could really take off. Patience is required. It may test all of us to the limit but it will happen.

I could argue that Steve Tilson would be better.

I said could. But he is a young manager, has found gems such as Cole and Eastwood from the lower leagues, and has done well with Southend. I wouldn't be surprised if they get a second successive promotion.

I don't know how much money he has to work with, and I don't know what his policy with youngsters is, but he would easily be my first choice if Levein left.

We should stick with Levein I agree, but if we lose to Coventry and play like we did in the second half last night, I shall not be best pleased to put it mildly!

I said could. But he is a young manager, has found gems such as Cole and Eastwood from the lower leagues, and has done well with Southend. I wouldn't be surprised if they get a second successive promotion.

I don't know how much money he has to work with, and I don't know what his policy with youngsters is, but he would easily be my first choice if Levein left.

We should stick with Levein I agree, but if we lose to Coventry and play like we did in the second half last night, I shall not be best pleased to put it mildly!

That's a fair summary, the problem is we've been stung with these up and coming managers before with Taylor and Bum Chin Adams. None of them had managed in the league we were in and eventually left us in a worse state than we were when they arrived on and off the pitch.

Levein had/has a very good pedigree before he came to Leicester bit again he'd not managed in the league we are in and is finding it very difficult. Finding the right manager seems to be a massive problem in this day and age and i'm reluctant to let go of what Levein is doing here for the fear of what else there is out there.

levein is on thin ice now surely!!?? all that optimism following the win at watford is succeeded by the shambolic display last night. i feel so so down beat after last night. can CL ever be successful at leicester???

im starting to seriously doubt it now.

CL seems to have MAJOR problems motivating these players (who are mostly his and not inherited). they seem to also have serious problems playing at home. that is a very worrying factor as all good campaigns need a good home record.

Im starting to lose faith, week by week. Is anyone else getting a sinking feeling about the plight of our beloved football club.

If we lose to cov then surely.......................

LEVEIN OUT

That's a fair summary, the problem is we've been stung with these up and coming managers before with Taylor and Bum Chin Adams. None of them had managed in the league we were in and eventually left us in a worse state than we were when they arrived on and off the pitch.

Levein had/has a very good pedigree before he came to Leicester bit again he'd not managed in the league we are in and is finding it very difficult. Finding the right manager seems to be a massive problem in this day and age and i'm reluctant to let go of what Levein is doing here for the fear of what else there is out there.

I would love to stick behind Levein but look at the form:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ats/default.stm

I dont care what he is doing off the pitch, or whether he is a link missing from having a championship winning team - all i care about is our relegation potential form. He had the excuse last season that it was not his team, he had all the time at the end of season and pre-season to mould the team - its just not working.

I dont want to see Leicester in League One - time for a change!

The same could be said about Mike Newell, as he was untested in this division, and look what has happened. Luton, remarkably, look like a promotion side, and are playing some good football. Sometimes you have to take gambles, unfortunately, as Leicester City, we get the duds. (apart from now Taylor can't put a foot wrong :rolleyes:)

The same could be said about Mike Newell, as he was untested in this division, and look what has happened. Luton, remarkably, look like a promotion side, and are playing some good football. Sometimes you have to take gambles, unfortunately, as Leicester City, we get the duds. (apart from now Taylor can't put a foot wrong :rolleyes:)

I agree and we tried to get Newell last season but he didn't want to come. It's a gamble whatever you do when choosing a manager, but we've picked 3 up and coming managers in the past 5 years and none of the ****ers are doing us justice.

I agree and we tried to get Newell last season but he didn't want to come. It's a gamble whatever you do when choosing a manager, but we've picked 3 up and coming managers in the past 5 years and none of the ****ers are doing us justice.

To be fair, Mickey got us promoted and we went down fighting and weren't far from staying up.

I think CL has done a good job off the pitch, but I'm worried that he can't reproduce what he did up at Hearts. Maybe he just lacks too much in certain areas to be succesful here... Or maybe he's just cursed :unsure:

To be fair, Mickey got us promoted and we went down fighting and weren't far from staying up.

I think CL has done a good job off the pitch, but I'm worried that he can't reproduce what he did up at Hearts. Maybe he just lacks too much in certain areas to be succesful here... Or maybe he's just cursed :unsure:

What I was saying though is the managers that have come in have left the club in a worse state than it was in when they took over. Adams might of got us promotion but it was him that ultimately screwed us up last season. Levein has come in and not improved us results wise but players wise we are alot more talented and the squad is worth more, that to me is an improvement on when he arrived if he was to leave us.

Archived