Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

SNES / Nintendo Mini

Hi all.  Apologies if there is already a thread for this but cannae see one.  Just wondering if anyone has a SNES Mini or still plays the original SNES?  I kept my SNES until about 8 years ago until it literally stopped working.  Recently got a SNES Mini and have basically been trying to get close to the world records on some of the time trial courses.  Anyone else as sad as me and trying this or has any other SNES chat?

X

Not got any of the mini consoles doing the rounds but got a raspberry  pi . Downloaded a retropie image from arcade punks website imaged it to microsd card , its plug and play with a ps3 controller  which I already owned. Whole thing cost me about £45 quid and has 8000+ games on it including 900+ snes games. Nes, megadrive ,master system,neogeo , mame, gameboy advance, colour and original. Atari, Amiga plus loads more systems including ps1. Plays flawless except n64 which is hit and miss. Have bought several more sd cards and downloaded more images of various sizes. Definitely  recommend going this route if your into retro gaming rather than the official  micro consoles with limited games on them.

• Like 2

I brought a SNES for £149.99 in 1992 (near enough £300 nowadays) which was almost a lot of dosh for my 19 year old self in those days (was earning £400/month at the time). Loved it and played it for years. Legend of Zelda - Link To The Past, Super Soccer, Super Tennis, Super Mario World, the original Mario Kart.

Then last year was in NYC and went to the Nintendo store (didn't know such a thing existed, but it is there, opposite the Rockafella centre) and brought a retro console. Played it for about half an hour when I got home before deciding that the SNES is better off living in my nostalgic brain!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

I brought a SNES for £149.99 in 1992 (near enough £300 nowadays) which was almost a lot of dosh for my 19 year old self in those days (was earning £400/month at the time). Loved it and played it for years. Legend of Zelda - Link To The Past, Super Soccer, Super Tennis, Super Mario World, the original Mario Kart.

Then last year was in NYC and went to the Nintendo store (didn't know such a thing existed, but it is there, opposite the Rockafella centre) and brought a retro console. Played it for about half an hour when I got home before deciding that the SNES is better off living in my nostalgic brain!

Haha, yeah sometimes these things are better left to the memory.  I got one in about the same year I think, for the same price.  Christmas present when I was about 11.  I remember a few years ago walking into a hipster pub that had a "games room" with all vintage consoles set up.  I'd gone in to use their wifi as I had just moved flat and remember thinking "I'll have a quick race or two on Mario Kart".  Three hours later I had become one with the console.  These things are always based on age/nostalgia/chance but, for me, Mario Kart just has a place in my brain that will never go away.  I could play it with my eyes closed.  I also vividly remember playing Donkey Kong Country for the first time and being blown away by the graphics.  That bit where it first starts snowing, can still se it now. :)

Edited by RumbleFox