Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Little Cabbage Isn’t Happy

17 hours ago, swanlee said:

I remember speaking with a polish fella' shortly after we'd signed him. From what had been seen of him in the Euro's, I was quite excited. The polish fella' explained though that they'd never heard of him. Not sure  how he got into the polish squad, but it wasnt like he'd been setting the polish league on fire.

And I think you are right, in actual fact its believed the english word 'slave' derives from the ethnonym 'slav'. In Roman and then Medieval times many Slavs were captured and enslaved. This led to the word slav becoming synonymous with an 'enslaved person'.

Maybe some linguistic wordplay occurring?

:ph34r:

That's an interesting angle - that he came out of nowhere. I must admit that, apart from being able to list 4-5 Polish clubs, I know little of the league itself - or its players!

He did look assured during Euro 2016 though. No suggestion that he would be out of his depth - so I was excited when we signed him! 

• Like 1