Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Little Cabbage Isn’t Happy

On 04/06/2020 at 23:28, Heskey2011 said:

Perhaps because he's been here ages would he count as a home grown? Making up the quota maybe?

Need 8 players affiliated with the fa before they're 21. But think we easily have that without him.

Screenshot_20200604-185556_Chrome.jpg

He was 19 years 7 months old when he joined so unfortunately he wasn't with us early enough to be able to earn home grown status

3 hours ago, wokinghamfox said:

Could do a buy one get one free adding Ghezzal into the deal.

42 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Oh God, I'd forgotten about him / happily excluded from memory.

How much did we pay for Ghezzal, wasn't it something daft like £12m?

13 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Has there been any rule changes that would now allow him to be part of our PL squad?

Still being decided, I think it will happen as a number of players ruled out in January for a long while are now fit and think the PL will grant it.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Still being decided, I think it will happen as a number of players ruled out in January for a long while are now fit and think the PL will grant it.

yeah they'll probably say if they weren't out on loan you can play them because of how quickly the games will be coming

5 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

How much did we pay for Ghezzal, wasn't it something daft like £12m?

Reportedly £10M according to Google - he's still got 2 years left on his contract !

The ACF Fiorentina season-long deal includes the option to buy. How's he doing there, anyone know? Only 8 appearances according to Wiki. We really need them to buy him.

6 hours ago, Jimmy said:

yeah they'll probably say if they weren't out on loan you can play them because of how quickly the games will be coming

I think that’s fair! Did we leave anyone else out other than him and hughes( who u haven’t seen in training pics) so I presume he’s leaving on free. 

Bottom line is both with Kaputska and Amartey they've both been here years, both knocking on for mid 20's and neither have shown the ability to improve the first XI and any time since they've been here.

Both sadly just a level below at best.

• Like 1

Amartey for me is a bit like mendy. I don’t think we ever got to see the best of him. Couple of times he was just finding his feet and he had spell out of the team.

one where he went to the cup of nation’s and when he broke his leg.

Amartey would be a good squad player for majority of lower prem sides, but for us he’s just nowhere near what we require. Compare him to our subs like Hamza /Justin in his position and he’s miles off, let alone the first team starters. 

Pretty sure this is one of those where the entire meaning of what he was trying to say was either lost in translation - or purposely given a bit of an edge by the journalist/sub editor. Knowing the Polish mentality, I very much doubt he said anything about slavery which he would've meant in an arrogant/entitled way. 

Kaputska looked like he had bags of talent and potential at Euro 2016. Shame it hasn't worked out for him.

31 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

@filbertway why is this funny? I take it you don’t rate Big Danny boy:ph34r:

I do not think he's good enough in any position to be a regular for any team. Though you may be right about Burnley as he'd basically be playing as a wide CB if he played RB. I'd rate Charlie Taylor well above him though

1 hour ago, HitchinFox said:

Pretty sure this is one of those where the entire meaning of what he was trying to say was either lost in translation - or purposely given a bit of an edge by the journalist/sub editor. Knowing the Polish mentality, I very much doubt he said anything about slavery which he would've meant in an arrogant/entitled way. 

Kaputska looked like he had bags of talent and potential at Euro 2016. Shame it hasn't worked out for him.

I remember speaking with a polish fella' shortly after we'd signed him. From what had been seen of him in the Euro's, I was quite excited. The polish fella' explained though that they'd never heard of him. Not sure  how he got into the polish squad, but it wasnt like he'd been setting the polish league on fire.

And I think you are right, in actual fact its believed the english word 'slave' derives from the ethnonym 'slav'. In Roman and then Medieval times many Slavs were captured and enslaved. This led to the word slav becoming synonymous with an 'enslaved person'.

Maybe some linguistic wordplay occurring?

:ph34r:

Edited by swanlee
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Fair enough, I think he’d be alright for those two I mentioned tbf. Charlie Taylor is a decent full back but he's a left back so Amartey wouldn’t be challenging him? 

Haha true, you didn't even mention him lol I saw Bardsley them my brain clearly just assumed you were gonna say Taylor after that haha.

I just think we're a bit guilty of overrating our back-ups as a fan base. Our back ups usually struggle to get past lower league teams on a regular basis haha. Phil Bardsley is crap though. Peter Canero could replace him!