Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Little Cabbage Isn’t Happy

4 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

No problem with either of those two leaving us if I’m honest.

I'm sad if Amarty does leave. He was becoming immense. Got a horrible injury in a nothing tackle in the last minutes of the game vs West Ham if I remember correctly. 

Clearly Kaputska was talented enough to go to a tournament with his country at a young age. Perhaps his move came way too soon.

A new country, a new language, a new life, new teammates. It can all add up. And then came the injuries and the ill-fated loan spells at two more new clubs in two different countries with different languages.

It's not going to work out for him is it. The best thing for him would be to go back to the Polish league, build himself up, get back into the national team setup and get another move abroad when he's older and wiser.

39 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Clearly Kaputska was talented enough to go to a tournament with his country at a young age. Perhaps his move came way too soon.

A new country, a new language, a new life, new teammates. It can all add up. And then came the injuries and the ill-fated loan spells at two more new clubs in two different countries with different languages.

It's not going to work out for him is it. The best thing for him would be to go back to the Polish league, build himself up, get back into the national team setup and get another move abroad when he's older and wiser.

I’ll eat my hat if we see him in the polish national team at any point.

On 20/05/2020 at 23:16, urban.spaceman said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/bartosz-kapustka-likens-leicester-saga-22060971

Bartosz Kapustka likens Leicester saga to being treated like a slave

Bartosz Kapustka is looking to leave Leicester having struggled for opportunities at the King Power and has been outspoken in his desire to achieve an exit

Leicester outcast Bartosz Kapustka reckons it would be 'slavery' to make him stay at the club.

The £7.5million Polish flop hasn't made a single Premier League appearance since joining from Cracovia in 2016.

He joined in the wake of Leicester's title success but wants to go permanently with just one year left on his contract.

Kapustka, 23, who has made only three first team appearances in the FA Cup, said: “The club knows that I want to play football regularly.

“I would like to leave in the summer 100 per cent. You can't make a slave out of an employee.

0_Leicester-City-Training-and-Press-Conf

Bartosz Kapustka has endured a difficult spell at the King Power (Image: Plumb Images)

“Clubs in England respect players in this respect. I need minutes to get to my full potential.

“The coach values me as a player but I know that I will not jump into the team.

“You can't be completely happy when you don't fulfil your ambitions."

Kapustka caught the eye at Euro 2016 but has since been loaned to Freiburg and OH Leuven.

Fellow Foxes midfielder Daniel Amartey, 25, is another City squad player looking to leave this summer after not featuring under boss Brendan Rodgers.

0_Everton-v-Leicester-City-The-Emirates-

Bartosz Kapustka has struggled for minutes at Leicester (Image: Plumb Images)

The Ghana international has not featured since he broke his ankle against West Ham in October 2018. 

His representative Yussif Alhassan Chibsah said: After his injury, they consider him as surplus so there should be a way out.”

Utility player Amartey joined in January 2016 from Copenhagen for £6million and has made 64 appearances.

I think he's probably on quite decent wages for a slave. Tell you what,  I'm prepared to risk it and do him a swap! 🤣

10 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Still find it bizarre we signed Kapustka to just not play him. Going off the back of Euro 2016, he looked like he would’ve contributed more than some of our players did in 16/17.

I don't think it's all that bizarre, he had a good Euros and was inexpensive so I can see why we went for him, but I don't think we properly did our homework tbh - he's not been fancied by four different managers now.

On 21/05/2020 at 12:51, martyn said:

Amartey is not "gash". He has struggled here for being a jack of all trades and master of none. He is more than good enough as a squad player, and we will need "good enough" squad players if there is European football next season.

If he does leave, it'll be to a decent club and he'll be a good signing for anyone for around the price we paid. I reckon he'd be really good in a 3 at the back system. He needs to nail down a position.

Amartey isn’t and hasn’t ever been Premiership quality. I reckon he’d do best going back abroad. One of the middle Serie A or La Liga sides.

I can’t recall who signed him? Was it Ranners?

We couldn’t sell him in the summer as was injured still. By January he had only played a couple for the u set 23s so again a big risk? 

He doesn’t want to stay but on the back of Rodgers comments about him a few month ago I’d be intrigued to see what happens should he have a full pre season.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/05/2020 at 09:40, Lesta2014 said:

We couldn’t sell him in the summer as was injured still. By January he had only played a couple for the u set 23s so again a big risk? 

He doesn’t want to stay but on the back of Rodgers comments about him a few month ago I’d be intrigued to see what happens should he have a full pre season.

Do we have a list of attendees for our mini preseason, is he training with 1st team or  u23s or whats he up to?

2 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

He isn’t registered in the 25 is he so can’t play? Don’t get he’d be training if that’s the case though? 

Perhaps because he's been here ages would he count as a home grown? Making up the quota maybe?

Need 8 players affiliated with the fa before they're 21. But think we easily have that without him.

Screenshot_20200604-185556_Chrome.jpg

It’s a shame but no longer fits the system with players we have and if we are signing Lallana it would push him further down.

He young enough to move on and have a great career and I’d wish him all the best if he goes