Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
2 hours ago, Zear0 said:

I’m a believer in AI being our get out of jail on productivity and it being such an essential tool that it’ll generate obscene revenue.

 

Do agree on the debt though, outside of AI the US economy has basically been stagnant and with interest going up and up, lots of companies are going to get hammered in the next year or so. 

The question I'm going to ask though....is productivity doing what? 

I realise I might be on my own here but I'm off the opinion that capitalism is on its death bed and the whole reason the west has been struggling with debt, stagnant economies, students is that the share of GDP going to ordinary people has dropped like a stone over the last few decades. People need to have money to spend it in businesses to cause those businesses to invest and spend themselves. Just cutting their taxes is irrelevant, they need orders. 

So what is it that ai will be doing in a world where families are cutting back in everything just to pay their energy bills? I'm really struggling to see any positives looking ahead as we struggle with the end of an economic system that doesn't want to go. 

  • Like 1
Posted
2 hours ago, CornwallFox said:

The question I'm going to ask though....is productivity doing what? 

I realise I might be on my own here but I'm off the opinion that capitalism is on its death bed and the whole reason the west has been struggling with debt, stagnant economies, students is that the share of GDP going to ordinary people has dropped like a stone over the last few decades. People need to have money to spend it in businesses to cause those businesses to invest and spend themselves. Just cutting their taxes is irrelevant, they need orders. 

So what is it that ai will be doing in a world where families are cutting back in everything just to pay their energy bills? I'm really struggling to see any positives looking ahead as we struggle with the end of an economic system that doesn't want to go. 

I can't see how AI avoids the reality that The Western capitalist system is fcked. A bankrupt Europe,.lends off a bankrupt USA that lends to a bankrupt Japan all the while they all borrow off a (would be)  bankrupt China. It's farcical. And not solved by AI.

 

The only real stocks worth anything are, I guess,  food, pharma, water, mining, utilities and land. Everything else is largely fluff. 

 

However, the world (and all our savingbs, pensions and national infrastructure) depend on the farcical current system - so it surely will continue to be artificially propped up. 

 

 

Posted
24 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I can't see how AI avoids the reality that The Western capitalist system is fcked. A bankrupt Europe,.lends off a bankrupt USA that lends to a bankrupt Japan all the while they all borrow off a (would be)  bankrupt China. It's farcical. And not solved by AI.

 

The only real stocks worth anything are, I guess,  food, pharma, water, mining, utilities and land. Everything else is largely fluff. 

 

However, the world (and all our savingbs, pensions and national infrastructure) depend on the farcical current system - so it surely will continue to be artificially propped up. 

 

 

It certainly has so far. Question is how long can it be. Trump is a loose cannon. War seems to hang around. Climate breakdown is worsening. I'm a pretty positive person despite how I might come across on here but the world seems pretty fd up right now, it's hard to see what shareholders are seeing that's positive to keep prices high

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...