Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Flamey

Help required! TV hard drive

Calling on the collective experience and knowledge of fellow Foxtalkers.. my dad has bought a new LG tv...but the hard drive he used in his previous LG tv isn't being recognised...so has lost access to his recordings..has anyone got any advice? I haven't got a clue...🤔Thank you.

Is the HD powered via USB or via mains? The TV might not be supplying power to it. Although given the TV is brand new, I think very unlikely.

I think the most likely problem is that the TV isn't recognizing it as it's not formatted correctly for the TV operating system. I don't know for certain but I would guess that HDs for an LG TV would be standard FAT32 or NTFS formats... Perhaps ExFat for newer TVs.

A way to check this is plug the HD into a PC and go into disk management (I think!) to see how the HD is currently formatted. 

You might need to copy all of the content onto another drive and reformat the HD before copying back over, as this will wipe it clean. The TV's preferred format will be in the user manual, I would guess.

Use YouTube to help guide you through all this reformatting stuff on a PC.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Thanks 1