Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Surface Pro equivalent?

On 09/11/2021 at 15:57, ozleicester said:

Hey folks.. anyone in the know that can suggest an equivalent tablet/2in1 to a surface pro?

Id like it to run win10 and be detachable...but not cost as much as MS :)

Not exactly the answer you were looking for, but if it's still on, I'd suggest buying a used surface pro off an auction site like ebay (or its oz equivalent). That's what I did several years ago, bought a used surface pro 1 (plus detached keyboard) and it serves me well to this day. Just carefully read the description to make sure nothings broken, the more actual photos & details the better also mind the seller's rating (if they haven't made any sales, I'd steer off better safe than sorry). Oh and whatever tablet you choose, buy one with at least 128GB drive (or more) I was a cheapskate and picked the 64GB option  it turned out Windows uses most of the hard drive space and theres only ~20GB left for fun and games lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Not exactly the answer you were looking for, but if it's still on, I'd suggest buying a used surface pro off an auction site like ebay (or its oz equivalent). That's what I did several years ago, bought a used surface pro 1 (plus detached keyboard) and it serves me well to this day. Just carefully read the description to make sure nothings broken, the more actual photos & details the better also mind the seller's rating (if they haven't made any sales, I'd steer off better safe than sorry). Oh and whatever tablet you choose, buy one with at least 128GB drive (or more) I was a cheapskate and picked the 64GB option  it turned out Windows uses most of the hard drive space and theres only ~20GB left for fun and games lol

Cheers,
ive been looking at ebayand gumtree and thought about 2nd hand.. but tech is about the ONLY thing i am very wary about buying 2nd hand... you just never know about little faults and battery life etc.

Yeh 128 seems the minimum now.

Im leaning toward buying a new pro and then attaching aftermarket keyboards etc.... now just waiting for "Black friday"...sigh

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

well i took @Chester Dontlies advice and bought second hand...this little beauty for only $240 delivered.

Really happy so far... amazing unti especially for the $$$

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Toshiba-Portege-Z20t-B-Convertible-Review.140840.0.html

Hope it serves you well mate! :thumbup:

I'm living in EU (Poland to be precise) and there's a great EU-enforced policy here, one can send back the product after 2 weeks of using (or not using), no questions asked, and you get your money back (minus the cost of delivery ofc) so that's really encouraging for buyers like me. Maybe you have a policy like that in Oz as well? Before that I used to be wary and had mixed feelings about buying more expensive second hand stuff like electronics online but since the law became more consumer friendly I became more courageous I guess lol 

*I have to say, I'm yet to make use of that return policy. So far (*knocks on the post-lease Lenovo Thinkpad I'm typing on now*) I've been a lucky and very happy buyer of various second hand electronic goods.

Edited by Chester Dontlie

21 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Hope it serves you well mate! :thumbup:

I'm living in EU (Poland to be precise) and there's a great EU-enforced policy here, one can send back the product after 2 weeks of using (or not using), no questions asked, and you get your money back (minus the cost of delivery ofc) so that's really encouraging for buyers like me. Maybe you have a policy like that in Oz as well? Before that I used to be wary and had mixed feelings about buying more expensive second hand stuff like electronics online but since the law became more consumer friendly I became more courageous I guess lol 

*I have to say, I'm yet to make use of that return policy. So far (*knocks on the post-lease Lenovo Thinkpad I'm typing on now*) I've been a lucky and very happy buyer of various second hand electronic goods.

that sounds great.. but... no not here...

Here it is "buyer beware" on secondhand stuff. and surprisingly enough there are plenty of people happy to be as dodgy as possible :)

1 minute ago, ozleicester said:

that sounds great.. but... no not here...

Here it is "buyer beware" on secondhand stuff. and surprisingly enough there are plenty of people happy to be as dodgy as possible :)

Ah, I was afraid you'd write something like that. When I replied to your OP I looked up that new Surface Pro on Australian ebay as I was curious about the prices in your neck of wood and was shocked to see the line "no sending back!" or something similar to that effect in the first or second auction I saw. But then I thought I saw some sellers here in Poland include a line like that too (even though it's against the aforementioned law), probably to deter more fickle buyers, I don't know... In any case, fingers crossed for your Toshiba, may it serve you a long time! 

• Like 1