Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

No One In Until January

Sometimes you're just not funny TPH

This is your opinion. You are entitled to it, I disagree with it.

especially when you deliberately misrepresent what people say on a serious subject in a sneering, sarcastic and derogatory way.

Please elaborate.

But if it makes you happy well so be it.

Well if it makes you happy to accuse a lot of people of bullying just because someone bit off more than they could chew and then threw their toys out of their pram, well so be it.

Bullying is not a subject to joke about, but then again you seem to be happy to try to make a joke at anyones expense as long as it's not yours.

I'm not joking about it... that's just it, no bullying took place.

There was a disagreement over a football issue. BenFilbert made it personal with a number of different posters, at least 3 or 4. He called a number of people 'stupid,' 'sad' and 'pathetic' before anyone had insulted him at all. People understandably responded and he couldn't take it. Yes, some of us were at fault... but its not bullying.

I'm not joking about it... that's just it, no bullying took place.

There was a disagreement over a football issue. BenFilbert made it personal with a number of different posters, at least 3 or 4. He called a number of people 'stupid,' 'sad' and 'pathetic' before anyone had insulted him at all. People understandably responded and he couldn't take it. Yes, some of us were at fault... but its not bullying.

I think you will find people called him names first because he had the termerity to say he enjoyed the currrent football and thought certain players were good.

If someone feels sufficiently abused to want to leave this forum then that to me is bullying, there is no automatic level at which some one feels abused we're all different, he asked to be left alone and a group of people continued to harangue him, of course he responded, in his mind he was being bullied - that's all that matters, it's not whether you think he was being bullied it's whether the person being bullied feels it.

And now you respond to several posts making light of the subject by joking about being bullied - it doesn't reflect well on your character, you may not mean any harm but if you'd every had to deal with people on a personal level, which I have done in my work you would recognise it's not something to joke about - it can actually devastate people for life.

Sorry to sound all high and mighty but as I say I've seen what it can do and it often starts off with some casual banter or supposedly innocent comments.

Ok well... I'm not going to drag this out anymore.. I just want to say the following.

In my opinion, I wasn't bullying him as I didn't deliberately look for his posts and insult him, I just responded making my view on the footballing side of it clear. When he did start making it personal, although some of the replies were harsh, most were done clearly tongue in cheek and in my opinion, some were fairly witty.

It's unfortunate that he has decided to leave but no one should lose any sleep over it, he wasn't forced out, he decided to go. I accept your point about him feeling bullied, but perhaps he should have considered that before mouthing off at so many people. He has probably learnt a valuable lesson in that respect.

I bow to your superior knowledge on bullying and I expect you don't mean to come across in this way, but I do find your posts to come across as high and mighty and holier-than-thou. As I said, you probably don't mean them to come across in that way so no hard feelings or anything.

As a final point, it'd be interesting to see that if I'd cried off earlier today, would you be calling him a bully for all the name-calling he did? Or is this just because he was in the minority in saying that we should be dead chuffed with things?

Please do think about that before you label me a bully again.

Ok well... I'm not going to drag this out anymore.. I just want to say the following.

In my opinion, I wasn't bullying him as I didn't deliberately look for his posts and insult him, I just responded making my view on the footballing side of it clear. When he did start making it personal, although some of the replies were harsh, most were done clearly tongue in cheek and in my opinion, some were fairly witty.

It's unfortunate that he has decided to leave but no one should lose any sleep over it, he wasn't forced out, he decided to go. I accept your point about him feeling bullied, but perhaps he should have considered that before mouthing off at so many people. He has probably learnt a valuable lesson in that respect.

I bow to your superior knowledge on bullying and I expect you don't mean to come across in this way, but I do find your posts to come across as high and mighty and holier-than-thou. As I said, you probably don't mean them to come across in that way so no hard feelings or anything.

As a final point, it'd be interesting to see that if I'd cried off earlier today, would you be calling him a bully for all the name-calling he did? Or is this just because he was in the minority in saying that we should be dead chuffed with things?

Please do think about that before you label me a bully again.

I accept that I can sound high and might as I said, I'm aware of my short comings.

With regards to losing sleep over Ben leaving, well I'm afraid I do, not literally. It's disappointing that you seem to have such a cavalier attitude, this is also reflected in the fact that you say you hope he has learned a lesson but you don't seem to think you have one to learn.

Yes anyone leaving the forum under those sort of circumstances would concern me greatly although I still believe his reactions were in response to what was said to him.

I don't believe I actually identified, in the first instance who I believed was was doing the bullying; if my memory serves me correctly our discussions only started when you defended the situation.

Ben did pm me to say he would like to continue posting so I'm hopeful that he will return and that this can all be put behind us.

I'm aware that it's now being blown out of all proportion so I'm happy to draw a line under it and have no problems if you want to have the final say.

Archived