Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

No One In Until January

Leicester boss Craig Levein says he will not sign loan players before January, although he has allowed Jason Wilcox to join Blackpool.footyC_small02.gifAny loan move before the transfer window have to be completed today and, although the boss has his eye on four players, he will not move until the New Year.He said: "I will be looking to do something in January. I have had one or two options before the loan deadline but I don't think that they will improve the team.

"We will bite the bullet until January. After that I have got a number of players that I am looking at," he told the Leicester Mercury.

Meanwhile Wilcox has moved out to gain first-team football with Blackpool, where he will link up with former team-mate Simon Grayson who is caretaker charge at Bloomfield Road.

Link

Leicester boss Craig Levein says he will not sign loan players before January, although he has allowed Jason Wilcox to join Blackpool.footyC_small02.gifAny loan move before the transfer window have to be completed today and, although the boss has his eye on four players, he will not move until the New Year.He said: "I will be looking to do something in January. I have had one or two options before the loan deadline but I don't think that they will improve the team.

"We will bite the bullet until January. After that I have got a number of players that I am looking at," he told the Leicester Mercury.

Meanwhile Wilcox has moved out to gain first-team football with Blackpool, where he will link up with former team-mate Simon Grayson who is caretaker charge at Bloomfield Road.

Link

Juct out of interest when was wilcox a former team mate of grayson??????/

Link

If it takes until January to get the right man then we'll have to wait. I just hope the rest of the players can club together a bit more and grind a few results out.

Link

The way we are playing Ironside would improve the team, come on CL admit it your ****ed!

No one wants to come here. It'd be like joining the Knackers yard.

Craig Levein is keeping tabs on four new players - although none is likely to join Leicester City before today's loan-deal deadline.

The City boss is tracking the quartet with a view to signing them during the January transfer window.

Levein said he has had opportunities to make loan deals ahead of today's 5pm deadline but felt the players would not improve his team.

Instead, he is prepared to wait until the new year to ensure he gets the right players.

He said: "I will be looking to do something in January. I have had one or two options before the loan deadline but I don't think that they will improve the team.

"We will bite the bullet until January. After that I have got a number of players that I am looking at.

"I have the options of loan and permanent signings. There are two loan players in particular I am looking at, and two possibly for permanent signing, but there's a lot of work to be done yet. All four would improve us."

City have also been keeping an eye on the progress of their young forwards Chris O'Grady and Tommy Wright, who are on loan at Rushden and Blackpool respectively.

Levein, coach Peter Houston and academy director Jon Rudkin have all watched O'Grady.

The 19-year-old is Rushden's current player of the month and has scored three goals in 15 appearances.

Wright has also been watched, although the loan move to the Seasiders was made with a view to it becoming permanent.

Levein said: "We have had them watched. That's the idea of putting them out on loan."

Meanwhile, Levein said he and the team shared the supporters' frustration after the 2-2 draw with Watford on Tuesday night.

City looked to be heading for three points before the visitors, who were down to 10 men, grabbed a late equaliser, sparking some boos when the final whistle blew.

Levein said: "Of course the supporters are frustrated.

"There's also the added frustration of the opposition being down to 10 men but sometimes that's not as easy to play against as it appears.

"We didn't look like conceding a goal and that has been the case for a while, so that was frustrating.

"We made one error in the second half and we lost a goal. That seems to be the way things are going for us. Encouragingly, the players are determined to make up for it."

4 coming in then! I wonder how many will be leaving? Williams and Nissa?

4 coming in then! I wonder how many will be leaving? Williams and Nissa?

:mad: I will lay all the money in the world that CL will not sign any new players before the last day of the window, then he will sign 2 crap players just to keep the supporters of his back!

I think we'er going down, just look at the evedence no money coming in, CL off loading players, gates down and the mockery tell us thing can only get better, Well they can't get any worse.

:mad: I will lay all the money in the world that CL will not sign any new players before the last day of the window, then he will sign 2 crap players just to keep the supporters of his back!

I think we'er going down, just look at the evedence no money coming in, CL off loading players, gates down and the mockery tell us thing can only get better, Well they can't get any worse.

Fill your glass up mate it's going to be a long winter. :D

I love the way you can still smile. :whistle::ph34r::huh::unsure:

Why not? A year ago everyone was crying out for a manager to sign young players and bring youngsters through. That's what Levein has done. We will soon get to see Wesolowski in action and we've also been blessed with Ryan Smith all of which is down to Craig Levein. I would rather see players like those two than the type of player I was watching just over a year ago irrespective of results to a certain extent.

Why not? A year ago everyone was crying out for a manager to sign young players and bring youngsters through. That's what Levein has done. We will soon get to see Wesolowski in action and we've also been blessed with Ryan Smith all of which is down to Craig Levein. I would rather see players like those two than the type of player I was watching just over a year ago irrespective of results to a certain extent.

Of the young players Levein has signed: Kisnorbo, Hammill and Hammond hardly look inspiring, Gilbert's off to Sheffield and Hume (is he young?) seems to be forever in the doghouse.

I don't know that McCarthy and Gerrbrand quite qualify as young either.

Of the other youthful fringe players not signed by Levein, the only one he might reasonably be said to have helped through is Spearman.

Sheehan remains scandalously sidelined and there has been no place on the bench for Chambers when we were desperate for a striker, thus wasting the opportunity to see how well he copes.

Altogether, if I were a young player at Leicester I'd consider my chances of breaking through to be miniscule because, despite two youngsters, Stearman and Smith, obviously being among our best performers he doesn't appear to have great faith in anyone else (who he hasn't signed) - a situation that will get worse when the transfer window opens.

And those he HAS signed look far worse to me than young players he leaves out: (Kisnorbo/Gilbert have played left-back with little effect, Sheehan (2-0 winner etc, virtually ignored); Hammond/Hammill/Hume played in attack with little effect, (Chambers, fairly regularly on target, virtually ignored).

I may be proved wrong on this and you may well be right but so far I'd hardly call Levein the patron Saint of Young Up and Coming Footballers

Certainly the team's average age has been reduced (and I've applauded that often) but I don't see many people being "brought through". In fact I don't see much evidence of quality coaching at all so far...and it's certainly not reflected in results.

So would I, but I would hope for an improvement in many other areas. ;):thumbup::huh::unsure:

Of the young players Levein has signed: Kisnorbo, Hammill and Hammond hardly look inspiring, Gilbert's off to Sheffield and Hume (is he young?) seems to be forever in the doghouse.

I don't know that McCarthy and Gerrbrand quite qualify as young either.

They're both younger than Kisnorbo and Hammond, who you class as young. :unsure:

Also Hume is 21 so very young. One thing about Hume, we were sat right next to him (and the rest of the subs) warming up on Tuesday and from start to finish the lad had a smile on his face and was laughing and joking with the others despite the fact Craig Levein is taking the total piss out of him.

Jordan Stewart, Matt Heath, Tommy Wright are only 3 that I can think of who would have markedly improve the current team - too much too soon. I have maintained for a long time there is a lot happening in the background that we do not hear of. I don't know about anyone else but I get so frustrated, bored angry when I hear CL talk. I don't mind caution but ffs how much slower can progress be? I take my hat off to those who still support him and I'll be the first to put my hand up if it all comes good but I can relate to very little CL says or does and most of all I'm losing interest.

Don't get me wrong - it is hurting - and nothing will lessen my love for the club, but I have stood at Anfield and seen Leicester out think Liverpool and come away with a victory - I've seen them lose but fight their hearts out and I've seen some of the greatest comebacks imagineable. What have we actually seen with CL??? two goals v Watford is that as good as it gets?

Jordan Stewart, Matt Heath, Tommy Wright are only 3 that I can think of who would have markedly improve the current team - too much too soon. I have maintained for a long time there is a lot happening in the background that we do not hear of. I don't know about anyone else but I get so frustrated, bored angry when I hear CL talk. I don't mind caution but ffs how much slower can progress be? I take my hat off to those who still support him and I'll be the first to put my hand up if it all comes good but I can relate to very little CL says or does and most of all I'm losing interest.

Don't get me wrong - it is hurting - and nothing will lessen my love for the club, but I have stood at Anfield and seen Leicester out think Liverpool and come away with a victory - I've seen them lose but fight their hearts out and I've seen some of the greatest comebacks imagineable. What have we actually seen with CL??? two goals v Watford is that as good as it gets?

You've seen all that and you think Matt Heath is better than McCarthy, Gerrbrand and Nissa :ermm:

Don't criticise Levein! People will label you a bully!

Sometimes you're just not funny TPH especially when you deliberately misrepresent what people say on a serious subject in a sneering, sarcastic and derogatory way.

But if it makes you happy well so be it.

Archived