Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jimmy

Gilbert joins Sheffield Wednesday on loan

Sturrock managed him when he was at Plymouth and as Louise said he's obviously a big fan of his. Sturrock also strikes me as abit of a gimp and we should get most of our money back on him.

Sturrock also reminds me a little bit like Worzel Gummidge crossed with Steve Irwin. Disturbing.

I dunno rick I can see it being a round 100,000. Sturrock also strikes me as a bit of a muppet. You'd have to be brainless to go 150,000 or higher though. He hasnt played and we want rid. So it's not as if were going to refuse any bid which seems half reasonable. 100,000 for that goon and ill be happy.

I always thought of Gilbert as an odd signing.

As Benji said, Gilbert was never given a chance to prove himself. Yes, he had a couple of poor games (Particularly at Crewe) but he was evidently not match fit.

So it looks like the loan deal will be made permanent, so you have to question why Levein purchased him in the first place.

If he had potential, why didn't he stick with him? If Levein realised he didn't have the potential, then he has to hold his hands up as to why he spent that money in the first place. It's not just his transfer fee, you have to take in to account his signing on fee and wages as well - all for just playing in the reserves mainly.

Every manager makes duff signings, but this needs explaining by the man himself.

Archived