Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Hankey

Kick-ins instead of throw-ins

On 14/06/2022 at 16:26, BenTheFox said:

You know how a lot of people think that Arsenal shouldn't have parted company with Wenger in 2018? 

Nah, they were 100% right to do so. The man has well and truly lost his mind. 

Its like when you have a change consultant in work they pass off batshit ideas as changes that are neccessary to the business just to justify their role.

20 hours ago, davieG said:

I just think we're one of the worst teams I've seen for losing possession from our own throw-ins and it's been like that for as long as I can remember.

If time is the issue there's so much more time wasted setting up free-kicks near the goal most of which lead to nothing with many just flying over the cross bar, refs seem to no longer allow teams to take quick free kicks near the goal.

Is this another issue which is being neglected because our coaches just can't come up with a solution? I don't see our players as lacking speed or guile in comparison with other Premier players. But I've noticed that there is often a lack of movement when the 'thrower-in' is looking for a target. 

It's not time as much as flow is the issue. Most refs (by no means all), given their instinct to show who's boss, will grandstand at set pieces. It does stymie quick thinking and inventive ploys. Last week someone stole the ball from a goalie and the resulting goal was disallowed. Goalie's fault for being inattentive.