Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxSince88

Dele Interview with Gary neville

I think the interview might make clubs interested who might not previously have been. They won’t be getting the ego or attitude problems that they thought they might do.

Hopefully he does get a club who can look after him and get him playing football again, for his own sake. 

4 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

I work in addiction and trauma treatment, that smile on his face through the interview is a fearful survival mask I have seen on so many young men who have been abused as children 

when I was young I worked in a YOI near london offering trauma informed therapy for young men with personality disorders, that  has evolved into DBT now, anyway I met a young man from north london back then similar profile to Dele, had been on the books at Arsenal this kid, life went wrong for him and he ended up in YOI, he came to a support group and after the 4th session he finally said something, He opened up on the horrific abuse he suffered, he smiled as he spoke but it was clear to all he was haunted by his words, it was incredibly moving, to this day I can almost feel his words. Sadly that night Jay went back to his cell and took his life, there was no warning no indication and the screws had been kind and checked in on him, but he couldn’t face the world where he needed to get help 

his loss still stays with me 23 years later, and watching Dele brought back so many difficult emotions

not many of us (thankfully) will ever truly understand how brave he has been 

thank you Dele you have give a platform to so many young men 

Not exactly relevant to your point, but it did trigger something I'd been thinking of for a while.

It's been slightly overlooked, due to the harrowing childhood experiences he brought up in the interview, but the sleeping pills one is something that has bothered me for some time in football. 

I can't remember what made me ask, but whilst speaking to someone on the coaching staff at LCFC, I asked why they always fly home at unsociable hours after European games. He basically said they're all so pumped up on (legal) stimulants that none of them ever sleep after a game. With more and more evening matches being imposed, I can see the issue of sleep pill addiction being endemic on the sport. Hopefully a more general positive out of Dele speaking up is that something can be done a out this. 

• Like 2