Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxSince88

Dele Interview with Gary neville

He's had a problem where everything happened to quick and expectation came so high for him. Soon has the world cup ended everything just went down. It wasn't long ago he was been linked to play for Real Madrid. Then suddenly fast forward to 2023 he couldn't even get into a struggling Everton side. Maybe he just needs to go to a club where he just focus on his football. Somewhere away from the glamour, nightclub, wags. Even if it's just Burnley... plus at Burnley I'd like to think less expectations there. Kompany I think would be great manager and mentor for him there. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

He's had a problem where everything happened to quick and expectation came so high for him. Soon has the world cup ended everything just went down. It wasn't long ago he was been linked to play for Real Madrid. Then suddenly fast forward to 2023 he couldn't even get into a struggling Everton side. Maybe he just needs to go to a club where he just focus on his football. Somewhere away from the glamour, nightclub, wags. Even if it's just Burnley... plus at Burnley I'd like to think less expectations there. Kompany I think would be great manager and mentor for him there. 

Tell me you didn't listen to the interview without telling me you didn't listen to the interview :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Was never a big fan of his, but hopefully now he can start to rebuild his life and his career.  Hopefully he will get the help and support moving forwards that he needs, and hopefully he can get back to somewhere close to his best form.

You can tell how difficult that was for him. Fair play for putting himself out there - very brave and I wish him well.

Not usually a G Nev fan but thought he did well too considering he’s not a trained journalist.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

What about Leicester, we take two of Tottenham's hottest prospects and win the league then finish above them next season and Dele Ali and Winks are running the midfield

We’ve lost the links to him though. If Maddison stayed (he wasn’t ever going to), we may have had a shot cos they’re mates. I also don’t know enough about Maresca or the support team yet to think they’d do a good job keeping him clean and out of harms way. The Burnley shout is a good one.

One thing’s for sure, if you listen to similar stories on under the cosh (who imo have highlighted these issues well), I would like for our club to at least pick up the phone and show willing.

Steven Caulker shared recently that once his issues were public, the football world basically abandoned him. Hope we’ve moved on from that as a society and within the game. They virtue signal enough about mental health. Let’s see some action here in support of Dele.

Edited by KFS

4 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

or he can happily come here and get back to his best!

If you could get his head right and get him motivated, he could absolutely rip the championship apart. 

The issues in Turkey were unusual. So the suggestion that removing him from clubs and wags would help doesnt make much sense as clearly hes away from all his mates and in a mostly muslim country. But clearly the clean break didnt help him recover. 

Id love for him to have a redemption story and I feel like at some point he will.  Dyche could be a good character for him to be around

5 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

So you didn't actually watch the interview about him being sexually abused aged 6, forced into drug dealing at aged 8, having to care for himself until he was 12 because his mum was an alcoholic and the house was used as a crack den and where he talks about recently going to rehab because he's an alcoholic and has an addiction to sleeping pills then? 

I have total respect for him. Can’t have been easy for him to open up. 
l wish him all the luck in the world.

I just worry that he will be a target for the more moronic football 'fan' whenever he plays, or via social media. Good luck Dele. 

A really powerful interview. I like that he takes accountability for his actions despite clearly being given a rough start to life. Completely changed my opinion on the man and would happily have him here if we could offer him what he needs.

It was also good to see Neville get emotional and for it to not be edited out

As I said in the other thread, it just shows how people are wrong when they conclude "oh he's got a bad attitude". Footballers are humans and I think people forget that just because they've got lots of money.

• Like 2

Really powerful stuff.  Every person has a story to tell, in everyday life we usually mask it.  For people like him he masks it and then the media put their spin on it.  

we know footballers get paid silly money and deserve to live in a glass house.  That being said it’s easy to forget the demons he and many other people in the world face and struggle through each and every day.  

live for the smiles and happy memories people.  Life is too short.  💙

I work in addiction and trauma treatment, that smile on his face through the interview is a fearful survival mask I have seen on so many young men who have been abused as children 

when I was young I worked in a YOI near london offering trauma informed therapy for young men with personality disorders, that  has evolved into DBT now, anyway I met a young man from north london back then similar profile to Dele, had been on the books at Arsenal this kid, life went wrong for him and he ended up in YOI, he came to a support group and after the 4th session he finally said something, He opened up on the horrific abuse he suffered, he smiled as he spoke but it was clear to all he was haunted by his words, it was incredibly moving, to this day I can almost feel his words. Sadly that night Jay went back to his cell and took his life, there was no warning no indication and the screws had been kind and checked in on him, but he couldn’t face the world where he needed to get help 

his loss still stays with me 23 years later, and watching Dele brought back so many difficult emotions

not many of us (thankfully) will ever truly understand how brave he has been 

thank you Dele you have give a platform to so many young men 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1