Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wasyls Pec Deck

LPG gas tank deliveries - price per litre

Is anyone not on mains gas and has an LPG tank in their garden? If so, what do you pay per litre?

We have and I’m beginning to suspect we’re being fleeced. Firstly they stopped advertising their per litre unit price, and are now blaming every geopolitical and global event possible for not being transparent and justifying their high prices. Plus we’ve had wind neighbours are getting considerably better deals.

So I wonder if anyone else gets LPG and what you pay…

It’s the same scenario with heating oil. I am one of over a 1.5 million households living off grid with no chance of ever getting gas living in rural locations. We are also being ripped off as the price is linked to the price of Brent Oil price per barrel in dollars which changes every day. At its peak the Brent Crude Oil last year was $120 per barrel and 500 litres of heating oil was around £410. This will last me in the winter around 4-5 weeks. Today the price of Brent Crude is considerable less around $84 per barrel yet all the independent oil companies are quoting just less than £400. There is obviously a cartel and blatant profiteering in operation. There is no regulation by the government, but they they did give us a token payment of £100 last winter ( in Northern Ireland the government gave each off grid home £600) This government promised a review of the situation, but like all there other promises no action was ever taken.

1 minute ago, Fox1norfolk said:

It’s the same scenario with heating oil. I am one of over a 1.5 million households living off grid with no chance of ever getting gas living in rural locations. We are also being ripped off as the price is linked to the price of Brent Oil price per barrel in dollars which changes every day. At its peak the Brent Crude Oil last year was $120 per barrel and 500 litres of heating oil was around £410. This will last me in the winter around 4-5 weeks. Today the price of Brent Crude is considerable less around $84 per barrel yet all the independent oil companies are quoting just less than £400. There is obviously a cartel and blatant profiteering in operation. There is no regulation by the government, but they they did give us a token payment of £100 last winter ( in Northern Ireland the government gave each off grid home £600) This government promised a review of the situation, but like all there other promises no action was ever taken.

We’re also in a remote area with no gas supply. Had oil boiler ripped out earlier this year as last winter was a nightmare, with prices rising disproportionately (on a daily basis) and unreliable deliveries. Also hate the smell of the horrible dirty stuff. 

24 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Hmm… sounds like non-mains supplies are all a swizz then.

The last time I asked it was in 70’s p per litre.

If our contract is anything to go by as well, these sorts of companies have you by the balls. 

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck

17 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

We’re also in a remote area with no gas supply. Had oil boiler ripped out earlier this year as last winter was a nightmare, with prices rising disproportionately (on a daily basis) and unreliable deliveries. Also hate the smell of the horrible dirty stuff. 

So are you on LPG as well then?

14 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

So are you on LPG as well then?

Not a chance, did a bit of research when I bought the house, incredibly expensive and volatile (expense wise). Like oil, I’m sure there’s a cartel out there fixing prices… 

I went for heat pump and solar panels with supplementary log burners. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

Not a chance, did a bit of research when I bought the house, incredibly expensive and volatile (expense wise). Like oil, I’m sure there’s a cartel out there fixing prices… 

I went for heat pump and solar panels with supplementary log burners. 

Interesting. Yes we have a log burner as well.

We moved in 3 years ago and the price per litre was half it was when I last asked a few months back. All other fuels have come back down to what prices were a few years ago, and yet LPG hasn’t…

• Like 1