Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Levein on Crewe Draw

Levein On Crewe Draw

0,,10274%7E586139,00.jpg

Leicester City manager Craig Levein was again left ruing missed chances after watching his side battle out a 1-1 draw with Crewe at the Walkers Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

The Foxes dominated the first period of the game, but it would be the visitors who would take the lead in the 39th minute through Michael Higdon after Elvis Hammond had had a goal controversially disallowed for offside moments earlier.

Alan Sheehan was given his marching orders when he received his second yellow card of the game in the 57th minute, but Leicester continued to dominate and drew level through Iain Hume eight minutes later.

But for all Leicester's pressure they were unable to break the Crewe backline again.

He said: "I thought that we played some great stuff again today.

"Elvis Hammond had a goal disallowed which was definitely onside. We have had a look at the video afterwards and there is no question about it. It was a blow for us because at that point we were firing on all cylinders.

"It's a puzzle to me sometimes how we can play so well in the face of adversity. We did well in the first half but nowhere near as we did when we went down to 10 men.

"I thought our strikers were a real handful, but again we missed some chances.

"We were just about to take Alan Sheehan off when he got sent off. I thought it was a little bit harsh on him. I think sometimes referees don't take into account the fact that he has only played a couple of games. He went in with the intention of winning the ball and was a tiny bit late, but their player wasn't harmed.

"That really did put us under pressure, but I thought the players responded magnificently fantastically.

"Iain Hume took his goal well. He seemed to raise his game when we went down to 10 men, as did Elvis. We needed them to do more work and they did.

"We had 29 shots at goal in total and we have scored once. They have had five shots and also scored once. That has been the way that things have been going for us, but hopefully our supporters will be able to appreciate just how hard the players worked.

"There is a disappointment attached to drawing a game at home against a team who are below us in the league, but I thought the players worked their socks off and played some great stuff.

"The last thing I need to do is let myself or the players get their heads down. If we were getting beat comprehensively week on week then we would have a problem, but I do believe in these players and surely one day we will start to get our fair share of the breaks."

shim.gif

Levein On Crewe Draw

Leicester City manager Craig Levein was again left ruing missed chances after watching his side battle out a 1-1 draw with Crewe at the Walkers Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

The Foxes dominated the first period of the game, but it would be the visitors who would take the lead in the 39th minute through Michael Higdon after Elvis Hammond had had a goal controversially disallowed for offside moments earlier.

Alan Sheehan was given his marching orders when he received his second yellow card of the game in the 57th minute, but Leicester continued to dominate and drew level through Iain Hume eight minutes later.

But for all Leicester's pressure they were unable to break the Crewe backline again.

He said: "I thought that we played some great stuff again today.

"Elvis Hammond had a goal disallowed which was definitely onside. We have had a look at the video afterwards and there is no question about it. It was a blow for us because at that point we were firing on all cylinders.

"It's a puzzle to me sometimes how we can play so well in the face of adversity. We did well in the first half but nowhere near as we did when we went down to 10 men.

"I thought our strikers were a real handful, but again we missed some chances.

"We were just about to take Alan Sheehan off when he got sent off. I thought it was a little bit harsh on him. I think sometimes referees don't take into account the fact that he has only played a couple of games. He went in with the intention of winning the ball and was a tiny bit late, but their player wasn't harmed.

"That really did put us under pressure, but I thought the players responded magnificently fantastically.

"Iain Hume took his goal well. He seemed to raise his game when we went down to 10 men, as did Elvis. We needed them to do more work and they did.

"We had 29 shots at goal in total and we have scored once. They have had five shots and also scored once. That has been the way that things have been going for us, but hopefully our supporters will be able to appreciate just how hard the players worked.

"There is a disappointment attached to drawing a game at home against a team who are below us in the league, but I thought the players worked their socks off and played some great stuff.

"The last thing I need to do is let myself or the players get their heads down. If we were getting beat comprehensively week on week then we would have a problem, but I do believe in these players and surely one day we will start to get our fair share of the breaks."

Or maybe we need better finishes :unsure:

Bollox.

Why take Sheehan off?

Great stuff? lol

I'd love to know that too. When he ever dominated a game to that extent, apart from Sheffield United, and he had played a damn good part in it. Their goal was a fluke, there was no threat from Crewe's right and Sheehan was like another forward at times.

Which is why he wants to buy a striker in January. Although both strikers scored again today but one was ruled out wrongly.

We need the odd goal from defence and midfield at the moment. The only goals coming from the non strikers are 99% pennos at the moment.

If he took off every player who was on a yellow card then what would happen then? Why not take Sylla off, what was he contributing to the team?

I did go by the way, but I suppose I shouldn't have.

Maybe he knows something about his tackling ability that you don't. Maybe he had slight knock. Don't moan about Levein when you have no idea what the answer actually is.

Undoubtedly, but you have to allow for how many defenders Crewe stacked in front of their goallie.

What pleased my was we hardly hooved a high ball all game but played the ball to feet left, right and through the centre and to amass those 29 shots against a packed defence was an achievement.

If one had gone in early I'm convinced we'd have torn Crewe to pieces.

Bollox.

Why take Sheehan off?

Great stuff? lol

He was having a hard time of it to be honest with you. Crewe were offering nothing going forward so putting Tiatto on there would have given us a much better attacking option.

I actually agree with Craig ont odays perormance. We were too slow in the first half but we really played well in the second and definately deserved to win.

You're doing a good job at clutching at straws

I'm clutching at straws??? You have no idea why he was going to take him off so don't whine about Levein. The kid was out of his depth but people don't want to admit it.

Some others are as well so I hope he gets as many chances as them!!

I'm clutching at straws??? You have no idea why he was going to take him off so don't whine about Levein. The kid was out of his depth but people don't want to admit it.

Some others are as well so I hope he gets as many chances as them!!

You are joking surely. Leicester played well today - apart from Sheffield United it was their most dominating attacking performance at home this season - and had they not been robbed by the referee would probably have won. Sheehan supported that performance perfectly well as the possession statistics indicate.

Furthermore they were worth watching and have been for a few games now, they didn't hoof the ball at all and I for one have never felt more optimistic about the future.

Archived