Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

A midfield of Hughes, Gudjonsson and Williams....

Just reading on another thread (Williams), I've just thought that if you had Hughes, Gudjonsson and Williams as a 3-man midfield, isn't that as good as any in the Championship. Possibly better than Sidwell, Hughes and Ingimarsson at Reading?????

C'mon Levein, you really do have some good midfielders at your disposal !!

Up the City :devil:

Just reading on another thread (Williams), I've just thought that if you had Hughes, Gudjonsson and Williams as a 3-man midfield, isn't that as good as any in the Championship. Possibly better than Sidwell, Hughes and Ingimarsson at Reading?????

Id rather have Joey plus one of them pair and two wingers in Smith on left and hopefully this Griffiths guy will come good for the right wing...

Wheres the Width?

Absolutely, on paper that defensive 3 is better than most others in the championship.

Shame football's played on grass though. On paper, we have a very good squad of players. Unfortuantely they have made too many silly mistakes which has meant we're not as high up the table as we would've liked. Let's be honest, if we played that formation with three at the back, we would get bombarded with balls from both flanks because Sheehan and Maybury would push forward and leave us exposed at left and right full back. We all saw at Stoke how poor we were at dealing with crosses into the box. I think we need two full backs playing. We haven't got the kind of players to play 3-5-2 effectively. A player like Jordan Stewart may have been able to play the left wing back role in a 3-5-2 because whatever people say about him, on his day he could put some decent balls into the box, he had bags of energy and pace and his tackles after tracking back improved last season. His attitude was his only stumbling block for me though. I don't think we have the kind of players to play with wing backs.

Without signing anyone in january, what about this, or was tyhis what he played when he plyed 4-5-1? :huh:

-----------------Henderson----------------

Stearman McCarthy Gerrbrand Maybury

Hammond Williams Joey Hughes Smith

-------------------Hume-------------------

Or maybe You coould put Wesolowski in midfield when fit.

I know hume on his own up front isnt ideal but, you would have support from hammond and smith, almost like a 4-3-3.

on the left wing.. he may be able to play on the right but in my opinion a man with no right foot should not play on the right wing.. although I guess it dont really matter, I notice Sylla and Smith switch wings atleast twice a half....

i was refering to the 3-5-2 formation

i was refering to the 3-5-2 formation

I know, I mean to say that I wouldn't play two wing backs like that, I'd have smith on the left wing and hopefully this griffiths guy turns out alright and we can use him on the right wing..

i.e.

GRIFFITHS GUDJOHNSSON HUGHES WILLIAMS SMITH

as has been pointed out could have wesolowski in the middle there and have hughes where I have put williams. I think Williams is a decent player myself, just needs to show some more work ethic.. =/

Archived