Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Funeral For A Friend

http://www.purevolume.com/funeralforafriend

Does anybody else like this band from South Wales? The only decent British band i can think of, I cant understand how unknown they still are compared to the shite i have to put up with on Radio 1 every day :P Actually more well known in America, and that just shows how shockingly bad the music scene is over here.

Listen to Juneau at least.

They are shit and quite well known if you ask me.  :wacko:

22484[/snapback]

Not compared to bands of nastiness like Libertines, Franz, Razorlight all that bollocks. But i suppose most people are stuck in the world of them bands now cause of all the promotion they got, so it must to hard for you to adjust to more talented bands.

22484[/snapback]

Not compared to bands of nastiness like Libertines, Franz, Razorlight all that bollocks. But i suppose most people are stuck in the world of them bands now cause of all the promotion they got, so it must to hard for you to adjust to more talented bands.

22492[/snapback]

I think Funeral For A Friend get a lot of exposure and to be honest with you their music bores the tits off of me. They may be more talented musicians than The Libertines, but in my opinion show nowhere near the emotion.

As for me not being able to adjust to what is fed to me, with respect mate you don't know what you are talking about. My CD collections contains many unheard of and even unsigned bands and I listen to a wide range of music.

Well I'm sure I've seen some of their songs in the charts...

22495[/snapback]

There album charted aswell.

They got a lot of play on MTV2 and inches in Music Magazines like NME (spits), they headlined the second stage at Reading this year too.

They have had a lot of exposure whichever way you look at it.

My point is there have got nowhere near the amount of exposure all the similar sounding bands have that i listed. They do show emotion, in their lyrics and they have probably worked a lot harder than some of the bands i'm hearing everyday on Radio. I know they are quite popular, but in my opinion they are 10 times better than Lost Prophets and look at them going places! I dont mind either bands personally, i'm glad Lost Prophets made it but original bands (they are compared to whats popular these days!) like FFAF should be getting more exposure than the likes of Zutons, Thirteen Senses (Feeder in disguise?) or whatever.

Why should they? They have a limited appeal. Only people who like that kind of screamo/emo thing will get into them. The Zutons make Pop music, it has a much wider appeal.

I actually hate their lyrics, nothing worse than pompus imagery. Thats my taste, I like it a little straighter than they give it. I din't say they didn't show emotion, just that they don't show emotion in the way the Libertines do. I listen to their music and it doe snot evoke any other repsonse other than annoyance. Just an opinion.

This hard owkring thing. What is that about? Every signed band, bar commercial pop trash, work their socks off on their band otherwise they would not have got signed. It's a bit like saying you would rather have Trev upfront than Ferdinand because he tries harder, firstly it is not true and secondly it is deluded. ;)

Lost Prophets have a very different appeal to Funeral For a Friend, they are a lot more commercially accessable, doesn't mean they are better, just means they will sell more records.

22484[/snapback]

22492[/snapback]

Ive heard of these loads, never heard of Razorlight though.

I think there shit, i absaloutly hate this music.

Petrescu, in 5/6 years time when you've shagged a few birds and realised life is quite good in all reality, you will have moved on from this angst ridden lame Limp Bizkit/Linkin Park/FFAF shite and it will all be forgotten.

Music is only as good as the memories it boxes so it will always hold some emotional tie, but music like the Zutons, Razorlight, Libertines, Kasabian is more popular cause there are more people who aren't 13-17 and going through puberty like the majority of the fans of Lost Prophets and Funeral for A friend.

As for Feeder & Thirteen Senses, they are indeed shite I agree.

How dare you compare FFAF to Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park, that really was hiliarous Dunc. And i am far from their biggest fans, they are just the only decent band we have to offer nowadays. I'm 19, i know what is good music so wrong again for thinking i was younger.

well I can argue the point you know what good music is but I won't.

Its all subjective, but I think all that nu-metal, nu-punk, nu-bollocks is all shite. I've not heard anything that I like out of it.

And I still say most fans of said genre's are adolescents going through some emotional crisis, or emotionally challenged adults who read Kerrang and Metal Hammer, who probably still play Role Playing games and wank over the power of Mordor.

Thats because you only hear whats on tv, and i have to agree that the crap on tv does nothing but make people like you think its shit. Nu Metal is horrible. I dont watch Kerrang, i think its an shocking channel, Scuzz and Mtv2 for me now and then. I never play Role Playing Games, never in my life. So we have a few things in common. I'm sorry to have to keep proving you wrong! :lol:

well you aren't really cause I never accused you of doing those things, I think its clear with the use of the word MOST that i agreed that there are people who just like the crap music for no particular reason.

I suppose if I was being pedantic only 51% of nu-whatever fans would have to be adolescents going through some emotional crisis, or emotionally challenged adults who read Kerrang and Metal Hammer, who probably still play Role Playing games and wank over the power of Mordor to prove me right.

But deep down we both know its more than 51%, and you haven't denied sordid thoughts about Mordor so thats obviously true.

lol full marks to big dunc made me laugh at heavy metal and kerrang :lol:

i hate heavy metal, i hate loud screaming rock n that stuff, im not a massive fan of punk either but some stuffs good :rolleyes:

but im more of a rnb,hip hop,garage,dance person meself :)

Archived