Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
martyn

Crystal Palace - player ratings

I did one of these for the Reading game and no-one responded but meh, I'll post my ratings anyway.

Douglas 7 - Only heartstopping moment when dropping across in the 2nd half, otherwise can't really fault him

Stearman 8 - Brilliant defensively and occasionally tried to get forward (Maybury take note). Needs to work on his decision making when in possession.

McCarthy 8 - Solid as a rock really, no stupid freekicks and hardly gave Johnson a kick all game

Dublin 5 - Too many hoofed clearances when under no pressure and caused moments of panic with headers which went straight up in the air

Maybury 4 - Exposed cruelly and was far to easy for Palace players to get in behind him. Never offered to help the attack and was at fault for the opening goal.

Hughes 6 - Worked hard, lasted the pace and was reasonable in possession.

Kisnorbo 4 - Caught out first half and only a crude challenge prevented a goalscoring chance. A 'holding' midfielder is supposed to protect the defence, not just win a few tackles occasionally.

Joey 5 - Reasonable first half, anonymous in the 2nd.

Tiatto 5 - One high challenge and a couple of misplaced passes before his hamstring gave way.

Hume 6 - Sparky and hardworking but never really influenced the game. Notmuch he can do with aerial balls constantly being pumped forward

Hammond 7 - Ran all day and hold up play was, as usual, good.

Subs

Smith 5 - Had an influential spell towards the end of the first half but otherwise, nothing

De Vries 4 - Never won a header and didnt influence the play in any way

O Grady - not enough time to impose himself.

Levein 5 - Seemingly no gameplan, and failed to recognise that our only spell of real hope was when we got the ball out wide.

Can't comment as I did not go. I admire you if you were one of the faithful few!. I 've lost a bit of interest due to the poor performances and the inane excuses offered by Levein and the players, a la Dublin . The fans deserve better they have paid out a lot of cash over the holiday period to watch what has become a shambles.As I said if you went to the game you have my respect.

Douglas 8 - Just one spilled cross AFAIC, a few smart saves, quickly out a few times and good pen save.

Stearman 7 Good. Supported the attack well although like the others, didn't have many ideas.

McCarthy 7 Good. Passionate, few errors but also, good saving challenge.

Dublin 8 - I thought he was very good at the back today.

Maybury 6 - Uncomfortable out of position, but okish.

Hughes 7 - Getting there. Showed willing and nice touches. Did seem a little short on ideas. Ran his heart out all game though.

Kisnorbo 4 - Poor. Gave the ball away too much and produced so little.

Joey 6 - Commited as always but wasn't happening for him today.

Tiatto 3 - Such little impact whilst on. Plenty of energy but nothing productive.

Hume 6.5 I thought he was alright whilst he was on. Should have scored the header.

Hammond 6 Hard to criticise as he does so much running, but he's so scared to shoot and has so few ideas. He looks like he doesn't know what to do with the ball, others are similar, but he's really suffering at the moment. No confidence.

Subs

Smith 6 Showed willingness and good touches towards end of first half, but struggled against a quick strong full back.

De Vries 6 Ok. Just ok. Looked the most likely to score, even though still very unlikely.

O Grady 5 Didn't make much of an impression, would like to see more.

Archived