Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Syko

Connolly?

Eh? What potential is he fullfilling at Wigan then? He's only played in 11 games and scored just twice. He was taken to Wigan as a back-up striker and probably won't ever be a regular first team starter.

Connolly is no more of a goalscorer than Hume or Hammond. C'mon, don't you guys remember last season?

Not talking about Connelly!

Well it may or may not have come back to haunt us, we will never know. As for selling him, it didn't matter whether it was good business (financially) or not. The fact is he wanted to go, on that basis alone it would have been bad business to have kept him.

As for your statement "you can't deny we would not be in the bottom half of the table if he'd have stayed here and stayed fit" no I can't, but you can't say that we would be any better off, after all he was hardly a prolific goal scorer for us, especially if you deduct the penalties from his record. I know they still count but Joey has ensured they've still been scored.

Any position higher then where we are now would be better off for me!

Everything will happen after the meeting. The board are stumped and that's a clue to the fact that Levein's future will be seriously considered today. Whatever happens today should remain intact until the end of the season.

So either they give Levein their backing and their money. Or they change direction and keep the money for a new man. Until they decide they cannot sensibly do anything. I'm just a little surprised they haven't made the decision earlier, like after the Millwall match, to limit the chances of too many potential signings flying off onto other perches.

We'll probably be playing catch up now, whatever happens, especially as City are less of an attraction now to new players than they would have been even a month ago.

Well like you say I wish they would hurry up and get going. We will be playing catch up, it's already the thrid and we haven't even been linked with anybody yet. I know its still fairly early but IMO theres a fairly big job to do. It took him all summer to sign one decent striker for example.

More to the point its now the third, and we play Wednesday in what is a must win game, for just about everybody concerned, on the 14th, and we haven't been linked with anyone yet.

Connolly has over 100 goals to his name, Elvis has about 8 in total. Hardly comparable.

Yes, but how many goals did Conolly score when he moved to Leicester? Fair play, he did well when he was at Milton Keynes (where he scored most of those goals you quoted) but he simply didn't perform when he moved to Leicester.

If you were to ask me who I'd prefer, Hammond or Connolly, I'd say the latter every time. However, I'd still maintain that he wouldn't be the 'saviour' that some are claiming he could have been.

Archived