Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Syko

Connolly?

well we need to do somthing. im suprised theres been no news or rumours yet. although they are having that meeting today

Connolly is too much like Hume. Although the lad can score goals he certainly didn't help with our league position that much. I would like to see somebody who could play alongside Hume not in place of him.

I think he'll go for Fuller or someone from the SPL perhaps Thompson from Rangers or Duffy from Falkirk.

Connolly is too much like Hume. Although the lad can score goals he certainly didn't help with our league position that much. I would like to see somebody who could play alongside Hume not in place of him.

I think he'll go for Fuller or someone from the SPL perhaps Thompson from Rangers or Duffy from Falkirk.

That would be typicall of boring craig levein getting all the scottish rejects and players that arnt good enough for the conference let alone the championship

That would be typicall of boring craig levein getting all the scottish rejects and players that arnt good enough for the conference let alone the championship

McCarthy? Gerrbrand? Hume?

I don't think so!!

McCarthy? Gerrbrand? Hume?

I don't think so!!

Are they that good though? Mcarthys Lapses and mouth are really starteing to grate on me. Gerrbrands performances have got worse recently. Hume looks good enough but doesn't seem to be able to produce the end product that well.

Obviosuly their better then most of what we have, but were 20th in the championship and these players are playing regularley, some of us may be looking at their performances a little biasedley. At the end of the day maybe they aren't all that.

I don't have a problem with SPL lads, as long as they're good SPL lads! I wouldn't say no to the likes of Derek Riordan or any of the Hibs boys. What City need though, in fact what any team in the Championship needs, is a tried-and-tested, 25/30-a-season goalscorer.

Daftest sale we ever made wasn't Connolly, mates, it was Richard Cresswell.

I don't have a problem with SPL lads, as long as they're good SPL lads! I wouldn't say no to the likes of Derek Riordan or any of the Hibs boys. What City need though, in fact what any team in the Championship needs, is a tried-and-tested, 25/30-a-season goalscorer.

Daftest sale we ever made wasn't Connolly, mates, it was Richard Cresswell.

That's hindsight for you though. He was truely shocking at Leicester and I remember him missing an open goal against Man United and knew the lad wouldn't stay long. He has turned out to be a decent striker at this level, but that took 2/3 years from when he left Leicester, we didn't have the luxury of allowing him to develop.

Aye, true that - hindsight is a wonderful thing. Good to see that useless wank Scowy's still a useless wank, though.

Hume looks pretty electric, but he still doesn't get in enough and what support has he got? Hammond? I love fast players, so I was hoping Hammond would be a great little buy, but he's really not achieved and De Vries? De Vries really is a useless donkey.

Like I said, tried-and-tested, that's what we need.

earniecity3io.jpg

;) Haha.

You know its going to be a bad season when you sell your top scorer :(

:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:

Said then that selling Connelly would come back to haunt us.

........but "good bit of business" I think most of the posts on here said!

No matter what your views on Connelly are, you can't deny we would not be in the bottom half of the table if he'd have stayed here and stayed fit.

That's hindsight for you though. He was truely shocking at Leicester and I remember him missing an open goal against Man United and knew the lad wouldn't stay long. He has turned out to be a decent striker at this level, but that took 2/3 years from when he left Leicester, we didn't have the luxury of allowing him to develop.

I agree, but why does it take a player to leave Leicester, to fulfil his potential.

He's wasn't the first and I doubt he'll be the last!

:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:

Said then that selling Connelly would come back to haunt us.

........but "good bit of business" I think most of the posts on here said!

No matter what your views on Connelly are, you can't deny we would not be in the bottom half of the table if he'd have stayed here and stayed fit.

Well it may or may not have come back to haunt us, we will never know. As for selling him, it didn't matter whether it was good business (financially) or not. The fact is he wanted to go, on that basis alone it would have been bad business to have kept him.

As for your statement "you can't deny we would not be in the bottom half of the table if he'd have stayed here and stayed fit" no I can't, but you can't say that we would be any better off, after all he was hardly a prolific goal scorer for us, especially if you deduct the penalties from his record. I know they still count but Joey has ensured they've still been scored.

I agree, but why does it take a player to leave Leicester, to fulfil his potential.

I'm pretty sure you will find very few players, percentage wise that have done better after leaving Leicester,

Eh? What potential is he fullfilling at Wigan then? He's only played in 11 games and scored just twice. He was taken to Wigan as a back-up striker and probably won't ever be a regular first team starter.

Connolly is no more of a goalscorer than Hume or Hammond. C'mon, don't you guys remember last season?

Eh? What potential is he fullfilling at Wigan then? He's only played in 11 games and scored just twice. He was taken to Wigan as a back-up striker and probably won't ever be a regular first team starter.

Connolly is no more of a goalscorer than Hume or Hammond. C'mon, don't you guys remember last season?

Remember the start of this season?

Remember the start of this season?

I remember his hat-trick very well, but, do you remember last season when he couldn't buy a goal?

C'mon, think back a bit, we were saying the exact same thing about Connolly as we're now saying about Hammond and Hume - they're good players who put in a lot of effort but who don't seem to be natural goalscorers.

To assert that we wouldn't be in the position we are now if we'd kept Connolly is just wishful thinking.

I remember his hat-trick very well, but, do you remember last season when he couldn't buy a goal?

C'mon, think back a bit, we were saying the exact same thing about Connolly as we're now saying about Hammond and Hume - they're good players who put in a lot of effort but who don't seem to be natural goalscorers.

To assert that we wouldn't be in the position we are now if we'd kept Connolly is just wishful thinking.

Connolly has over 100 goals to his name, Elvis has about 8 in total. Hardly comparable.

well we need to do somthing. im suprised theres been no news or rumours yet. although they are having that meeting today

Everything will happen after the meeting. The board are stumped and that's a clue to the fact that Levein's future will be seriously considered today. Whatever happens today should remain intact until the end of the season.

So either they give Levein their backing and their money. Or they change direction and keep the money for a new man. Until they decide they cannot sensibly do anything. I'm just a little surprised they haven't made the decision earlier, like after the Millwall match, to limit the chances of too many potential signings flying off onto other perches.

We'll probably be playing catch up now, whatever happens, especially as City are less of an attraction now to new players than they would have been even a month ago.

Archived