Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob666

Relegation Battle - motivates support?

Even though City is in a relegation battle - whether we like it or not; with or without Levein - the impending disaster does help to reinforce one's support for the Foxes.

I'm not saying that its good for City to be in a relegation battle & I'd much rather we were in the top 2 or going for a play off spot but if Leicester need 3 points from the last 2 matches against Plymouth & Southampton, I can imagine that it will be difficult to get hold of tickets due to the level of support that will be shown.

I'm a newbie to this site but I've viewed several LCFC forums over the years to get an update on crises, transfer rumours, managerial changes etc. However, City's current predicament has made me even more frustrated but in a perverse way made me realise how much I love the club despite the poor performances, I've seen over the last few months.

I was an original Levein supporter but having seen the recent performance against CPFC, I started to believe it was time for him to go. However, even though we are stuck with him and his transfer buys in January are likely to be poor - this current crisis will only continue to motivate my support. I only hope that next year everyone is motivated by being in top half of Championship rather than Div 1

I understand what you mean. As a supporter, I feel like the team need my support more than ever due to the position we're currently in. If we were mid-table, not much to play for going into the final few games, I would probably not bother going to away games, but if there is a danger that we may get relegated as the season comes to an end I will try to make it to the final few away games to help the team get the results we need. I think when a City really need the fans they come out in big numbers.

I understand what you mean. As a supporter, I feel like the team need my support more than ever due to the position we're currently in. If we were mid-table, not much to play for going into the final few games, I would probably not bother going to away games, but if there is a danger that we may get relegated as the season comes to an end I will try to make it to the final few away games to help the team get the results we need. I think when a City really need the fans they come out in big numbers.

Too true. Anyone remember the carnival atmosphere during the last gasp Oxford game a few years ago?

I dont actually think more people will come to watch because we are battling relegation from the championship, not the premiership. It is not an acheivement for us to just stay up in this league. Also our support isnt that big, therefore i cannot see many people caring enough if we go down or not to fill the whole stadium.

I dont actually think more people will come to watch because we are battling relegation from the championship, not the premiership. It is not an acheivement for us to just stay up in this league. Also our support isnt that big, therefore i cannot see many people caring enough if we go down or not to fill the whole stadium.

I agree with that. When we've been at home in so called Crunch games like Norwich etc the support hasnt matched the importance of the match. Like the Southampton game,the most passion shown that day was towards Dennis Wise from the Leicester fans, no songs to encourage the team, just a barrage of abuse towards the little man. Away from home in the games i've been to, the supports been pretty decent but at home unless its something on a par with Sheff Utd the supporters won't do anything.

Being in a relegation dog fight may mean that we have a reason to really give extra support to the team, but i think if we don't start climbing the table soon, that support and willing the team to win will soon turn to anger, with fans possibly taking out their frustration on the players. We've been hearing boos for a while now & now people are shouting 'Levein Out' too. I'd like to say that the club have my total faith but to be honest at the moment, they don't look like knowing how they are going to sort themselves out and climb the table.

I think alot of supporters still think that City are too good to go down and as its never happended before the reality has not sunk in that we're in a dog fight. Therefore, people may be tempted not too waste their money, time, etc (me included). However, when we get to the last few games & assuming we're still in a relegation battle (& not relegated) - the support will be there.

My concern is that if we can't score goals this makes the fight more difficult as the pressure is always on the defence not to make a mistake. We create enough chances but have no real finisher to punish teams & to make matches comfortable. I'm frustrated that City always go 0-1 down at the Walkers & then we're hoping for a draw!

My original point was that adversity [as well as the good times] stirs up the loyalty of fans - as well as a lot of moaning ......but maybe that's part of being a football fan [aka Moan Utd fans etc always complaining they're not winning everything].

I am all in support for the team but i dont think that the manager has the ability to manage us. If that makes sense! I will support the players all the way if they play to their fullest ability but i dont think that the manager is making the right decisions at the moment and he doesnt seem to be motivating the players enough. I could be wrong and it could be the players that arent listening but this is where the manager steps in and takes control. Something which IMO CL isnt doing and therefore i feel that he has to go. I question his team selection and some stages his tactics. They obviously dont work yet he continues to play them!

Archived