Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Nosatalgia - Did Someone say Shrewsbury

Thanks again to MacFox on the FoxFanzine Forum

Oh you are a brilliant person, you have made my day. I love the rawness of the old filbert street, a full house, goals, it was like the equivalent of a hollywood blockbuster that, magic stuff. To see the likes of larry may, gary lineker, jim melrose, steve lynex, alan young etc, oh brilliant stuff, absolutely magic. That 10mins or so should be shown to the players just before they head for the white line on sunday. You know, the fa cup aint what it used to be, you can feel the rawness of, i can still smell the turf, the hot dog stand, queing up 2 hours before the gates opened, magic days they were, we were someone, something, we had yound and oldish men who wanted to play for CITY, they fought hard and they played for the shirt.

Did you notice wallington there, didnt wana come off, was urging the players on, but new he wasnt up to it, then glanced over to the bench and realised that was it. The fans cheered him off and you could see he was upset. What a fantastic player jim melrose was, he had style, we could do with someone like him now, although weve got humeeee

BRILLIANT, cheers!!

a classic - one of the best matches I saw at Filbert Street. It always used to be a joy watching Lynex running down the wing at FS & making great crosses to either Young, Melrose, Linker, latter Smith etc.

We always used to complain that we were 2 players short of a great team then........oh well maybe we might see a great game on Sunday [& then the City/Spurs match later!]

Archived