Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommeh

Strikers

Talking about strikers, does anyone have an opinion on Gez Murphy at Nuneaton? Obviously he stepped into the limelight big time against Middlesbrough, and Borough are having a decent season, being second in the table. But how good is Murphy week to week?. I know he's scored 13 goals at a fairly consistent rate this seaon but is he capable of doing so at a better level?

Talking about strikers, does anyone have an opinion on Gez Murphy at Nuneaton? Obviously he stepped into the limelight big time against Middlesbrough, and Borough are having a decent season, being second in the table. But how good is Murphy week to week?. I know he's scored 13 goals at a fairly consistent rate this seaon but is he capable of doing so at a better level?

i maybe wrong, but on skysports whilst showing his penalty, i think they said he use to play for leicester, anyone else hear this?

i maybe wrong, but on skysports whilst showing his penalty, i think they said he use to play for leicester, anyone else hear this?

I think he was at us at youth level. I've heard his name frequently over the years but he hasn't ever made his name in league football. I think he was at Telford for a while and scored alot of goals there. Used to be class on CM 99/00

Quite simply, no!

I actually attend a few Nuneaton games when Leicester aren't playing (I was even at the Middlesbrough game at the weekend). For a large part of last season he seemed to be one of the main targets of ridicule at the club (much like De Vries is here!). He's already 29, and despite having a pretty good non-league career, he's never really looked like making it at a higher level. His main attributes are probably his strength and his height. However, he lacks any real pace, and his passing ability and vision are probably not good enough for league football. Strangely though, whenever I've watched him he does seem to get quite a few good chances every match, often from simply being in the right place at the right time. But he's not the most composed of finishers, otherwise he might score quite a few more goals.

Of course, this is simply my opinion, and is based on the matches that I have seen him play, as well as what some other more regular Nuneaton attendees have to say about him. I don't mean to be overly critical of him, in case I have just been unfortunate and not seen the best of his playing ability.

Archived