Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

Maybury v lennon

In the spurs ratings thread, some of you have given maybury a low rating, saying that he couldnt cope with lennon. Someone amazingly stooped as low as 4 (sheehans mum apparently ;) ).

Dont forget, maybury was playing OUT OF POSITION.

Before lennon had got in the game, maybury was harshly booked for obstruction. At this stage, the ref had now put maybury under unfair pressure.

Not long after that, lennon did well, and maybury tripped him up. But from that moment onwards, maybury showed immense control and composure, leading the back line at times, could you honestly fault him from then on?

Spurs substituted lennon on 87mins, spurs didnt think he could do any better, even tho he suppossedly ran yellow carded maybury "ragged", and needed a goal.

Maybury wasnt to blame for spurs 2nd goal. Maybury was marking LENNON (his man), but the spurs RB was allowed to get forward un challenged, and as he ran towards our area. By the time he shot, maybury and douglas were the only 2 city players in his way.

Even with that, maybury did enough to hold off stalteri to 20 yards from goal.

Heres how i summed up maybury`s performance:

maybury -8- was unlucky to get booked, and then fouled lennon, but showed extreme composure after that, one of very few leaders we have.

His average rating was 6, I think some of you were harsh on the lad :(

He can't be blamed for their 2nd goal, Who would have ever thought that Stalteri who i don't rate at all would score his 1st ever goal in English football from 20 yards and a tight angle. It was just one of those things, The only full back you'd expect to do that would be Roberto Carlos

I didn't rate Maybury very highly yesterday particularly in the first half. There was that chance where they should have gone 3-1 up when they hit us on the break, not just Maybury that one though. He had a hard time with Lennon. He had some blame for their second though not closing down Slateri there..

Wasn't happy at the awful reactions of Johansson for their first either... should have got that rebound clear as he would have been first to it if he was a bit quicker off the mark so to speak.. =/

Maybury played as well as he could've after being booked against a very good young, fast tricky player who's career is at his feet he put in a very professional performance.

remember only a few days before lennon was skinning a premiership left back, i thought maybury did very well second half, the formation helped

although i was curious as to why levein didn't swap stearman and maybury over, but we won so wont be negative about it

lennon is immense though you just have to put your hand up to him

I didn't rate Maybury very highly yesterday particularly in the first half. There was that chance where they should have gone 3-1 up when they hit us on the break, not just Maybury that one though. He had a hard time with Lennon. He had some blame for their second though not closing down Slateri there..

Wasn't happy at the awful reactions of Johansson for their first either... should have got that rebound clear as he would have been first to it if he was a bit quicker off the mark so to speak.. =/

Wow. very harsh, let me say everyone makes mistakes and spurs are a class side so they are bund to eb aware of this kind of stuff. And if Maybury had've closed down stalteri then that would've left lennon open, Maybury was in a no win situation.

Are you a wind up merchant? Seriously mate. Why was maybury to blame for spurs "nearly" going 3-1 up :blink:

Im leaving bertfox`s comments to you on the goal.

Archived