Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gené and Tonic

We are in deep deep trouble

I think the motivation boils down to the manager, its a shame it took us falling into the bottom 3 for people to wake and realise we are well and truly in the shit.

Will we recover without a change of manager? very unlikely

Will we recover sacking levein and using either kelly or dublin as temp manager? possibly

Will we recover appointing a proven manager? possibly

Crunch is if we keep craig we relegated, I have seen nothing that convinces me that he can turn it around, his best run of form was at the end of last season when we was playing teams that had nothing to play for, if we change the manager now we may get out of it, it will bring in fresh idea's and give the players a short term boost. I think now to avoid relegation we will need something like a 1.4 points average for the remainder of the season (currently 0.26 for last 8) that will surely involve at least 1 winning run of min 3 games I think and at least 2 or 3 away wins. I look at craig's record and that just isnt going to happen. So board decide is it craig and league 1 football next season or a new manager.

Spot on.

I have had others say this to me as well. The team we have and the way we play we would do well in the premiership, since the premiership possession and passing pays off, in the championship more direct football pays off, so all those who hate the hoof that isnt the reason why we lost the last game. It was clear to me from what I heard of sheff wed fans and the radio the players were not motivated and closing them down in midfield and I can only blame one person for that. Bringing on the new striker when we losing was unbelievably stupid putting uneeded pressure on the player.

Also we still have defensive problems, we are not going to dominate every game and to win games we dont dominate the defense needs to stop leaking goals, yet even knowing our defense is rubbish craig made a comment that we should have sat back on the 1-0 lead.

What pisses me off more than anything is that this league is a pile of shit, it really is. I watched the Wolves v Luton game on Friday night (Two teams challenging for the play-offs), and I thought: 'How the fock are we so low in the table?'

It's not just Levein who's to blame, but he should take the majority of it. He's the one who's responsible for the players he's purchased, the team he plays, the tactics he employs.

We do have some talented players in McCarthy, Gerrbrand, Stearman, Hughes, Gudjonsson, Williams, Smith and Hume. However, we have some equally poor/underperforming players in Douglas, Maybury, Hamill, Kisnorbo, and Sylla. Quite ironic that the players picked out there have all come from the SPL. Hughes, and to a lesser extent de Vries have been Ok, but both haven't made much of an impact or helped us get out of the predicament we're in. Granted, Hughes has been injured a lot of the time.

Then you have Johansson who is continually played out of position. Dublin who is past it a striker, but does a half decent job at centreback. Hammond, who's pace and general hold up play is useful at times, but can't finish. And Twatto is just a liability.

Makes me angry just thinking about how we've dropped in to the bottom 3.

Can anyone makes excuses for Levein anymore?

Archived