Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Spurs Victory...

After watching the fantastic Spurs victory it settled a long running dilemna I've had about our current squad. I've always seen the set of players we have now as a squad with 'potential', but leading up to the FA Cup game I was starting to think maybe there isn't as much talent there as I first thought.

The Spurs game proved, on national TV, that we have good players capable of playing the kind of football that could get us promoted. We played the 4th best team in the country off the park, that takes some doing.

Then we crash back down to our usual lows against Wednesday with any signs of talent totally evaporating, the finger of blame has to point at Levein:

• It's his job to get the players playing at their best. He's failing.
  • It was his job to bring the players down after last week. He failed.
  • It's his jobs to get the players working hard throughout the match. He's failing.
  • It's his job to know his best team and pick that team. He's failing.

The Spurs game gave Levein a breather from all te pressure but not only has all that pressue returned but it's now much stronger. Sorry Craig but the exit door is calling.

i'm just willing the team to throw me a bone right now, cause i am willing to take it. some people are probably wanting us to lose the next couple of games cause they dislike levein so much. at the moment i couldn't give a fock about the manager, i just want some points to get us out of trouble, cause let's face it, levein is here for the long haul, he won't be sacked.

CL has presented a "survival plan" to the board, part of which involved the acquisition of Matty Fryatt.

Until Fryatt has been given enough games to prove himself, the manager's job will be safe.

I don't think the board will get rid until we have taken the drop, no matter how many of us on here would wish otherwise.. :(:angry:

If the board don't get rid of him and we get relegated, I will firmly lay the blame at their door. They are there to run the club and make the big decisions, but if they bottle it and we suffer relegation, then no matter how angry I will be at Levein, I will be twice as mad at the board.

As for the Spurs victory, yes I think it did Levein a lot of damage. It raised expectations and gave rise to a (false) new hope, which have been shattered in less than a week. Levein has now lost even more of the support and things can't get much worse.

Archived