Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Friend from the north

I don't want to say I told you so but...........

.......I told you so!

When Levein arrived at LCFC I did try to warn you that this guy was just not up to the job! Going from my experience of him at Hearts -

* His man management of talented players was appalling. He talked down to the guys and any lad who didn't give him the yes Sir - no Sir treatment was totally ignored regardless of their football talent. He drained Hearts of talent and we were left with Joe Hammill and Paddy Kisnorbo who he played week after week! I could not believe it when he signed these dummies for LCFC.

* He has a fixation for playing players totally out of position. When he was at Hearts he played centrehalves as centre forwards, wing backs in centre midfield, right backs wide left. From what I have seen on the box he continues to ruin Alan Maybury by playing him at left back - he is a quality RIGHT BACK however Levein thinks he is too clever to play him there!

* He has a totally negative attitude particularly at home - "One Up Levein" we used to call him! Weaker teams would come to Tynecastle and be allowed to dominate the match until we went a goal down. Away from home it was like watching the paint dry!

I have always had a soft spot for LCFC and I do hope you get out of this mess - the sooner you punt Levein back to Cowdenbeath the better!

"Crap" - please enlighten me on the specifics you disagree with!

Right, I have no problem with your points - spot on. Its the manner in which you arrived gloating about how you "told us" that CL was crap, well whats the point?

* His man management of talented players was appalling. He talked down to the guys and any lad who didn't give him the yes Sir - no Sir treatment was totally ignored regardless of their football talent.

I think this is the main reason that City are doing so poorly.

If we get in a less unprofessional, less small-minded and less vindictive man than Levein, then we wouldn't need to spend much money improving the squad. We have enough talent to stay up, but CL's petty attitude is destroying the team. If Tim Davies has enough money available to sack the manager, even if he needs to sell a couple of squad players to finance it, then he should do it now.

Archived