Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Teeno

Question?

He'd almost certainly have to sign during the Xfer window, surely?

It would be a daft situation if you could just sign a player as a manager or coach then get him playing. lol

Seriously, if he came as a coach/manager in Feb he almost certainly couldn't play too. :ermm:

Well it could be a real test of the 'emergency loan' system - "yes we haven't a manager, its an emergency"

:blink:

Well it could be a real test of the 'emergency loan' system - "yes we haven't a manager, its an emergency"

:blink:

Personally I was hoping to sign a quality player after the transfer window closes by pretending they're our new manager.

Dear Football League,

We're signing Mr T. Henry as our new manager. :ph34r:

Cheers.

:P

i was under the impression you can register new players outside of the transfer window, providing they are a free agent, so if he were to come his contract at celtic would be torn up, thus he's a free agent. i may be wrong though

No reason to believe this, really I'm just making it up, but I would imagine that if he was a player/manager then he would be able to play himself whether he came during the transfer window or not. But I reckon if he was a player/coach, we'd have to sign him during the transfer window for him to be able to play..

If he was coming as both a player and a manager, he'd have to be registered - ie. during the transfer window, surely!

You can't just throw yourself on the pitch because you're a manager unless you're a registered player, it doesn't make much sense otherwise. lol

What would you say if Rob Kelly didn't like the look of things in midfield, took his jacket off, grabbed himself a spare kit and replaced Hughes?

I'd think it was quite amusing, and a clear sign of dedication from your manager - but it aint going to happen because he's not a registered player for us. :Plol

If you want to play football, you're a player, regardless of any coaching/managerial responsibilites - so you've gotta move when the transfer window allows it.

This is the most logical setup for player/coaches (/managers) as far as transfers go.

Then again, does the football league do anything logically? lol

i was under the impression you can register new players outside of the transfer window, providing they are a free agent, so if he were to come his contract at celtic would be torn up, thus he's a free agent. i may be wrong though

He'd have to leave Celtic by mutual consent or whatever then come to us, because if he comes to us first then he wouldn't have been a free agent at the time we signed him.

Archived