Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shaun_wilkes

leicester up and coming players

why dont we play sheehan and o grady etc we are very lucky to have these youngsters on our team and i think we should play them what do you think?

Chris O'grady came up in another post earlier and my opinion although am more than happy to be wrong is that its too early for him to step up. I watched him in the pre season against Diamonds and he struggled but saying that he has apparently come back from loan better and stronger.

As for Sheehan i think he will become one of our stars towards the ed of this season and the start of next...

A bit late in the day perhaps but this was CL's view on Sheehan (from the Fox Fanzine January edition interview with CL)

TF: That more pacey approach seemed to scare the hell out of Sheffield United...

CL: Yes, well that was one thing I was intent on doing — playing higher up the pitch. You need a fit side to do it: McCarthy is fit, so is Maybury and so are Stearman and Sheehan.

That is how I want to play and with the right combination we can do it. Though if Dion is in defence then we get dragged back towards our own goal again. The left back position has caused me the most difficulty.

TF: You seemed to be quite happy to let Peter Gilbert go after a few weeks

CL: yes, well he didn’t settle in and I don’t think he really bought into what we were trying to do as quickly as we would have liked. So I made a mistake. I’ll put my hands up to that and then move on, you know?

Sheehan will play there, without a doubt; it’s just a matter of when. He is almost ready but still just a bit young. He is the one I have marked for that position and if we were playing well then it would be an easy decision, I would just put him in and say go ahead, get on with it. But the way things are just at the moment I am a bit reluctant to throw him in there. I have been dealing with emerging players of that age for a good few years now and you have to be careful with them. First you start them training with the first team and that step up sees an improvement in their game and their confidence grows. When you think they have reached a certain stage of maturity you can give them the odd game. But if you start playing them regularly and they have a nightmare then you can set their confidence back by months. Sheehan has been catching my eye in training for a while and I know that, when he is ready for the step up, he will give us that balance in defence.

A bit late in the day perhaps but this was CL's view on Sheehan (from the Fox Fanzine January edition interview with CL)

TF: That more pacey approach seemed to scare the hell out of Sheffield United...

CL: Yes, well that was one thing I was intent on doing  playing higher up the pitch. You need a fit side to do it: McCarthy is fit, so is Maybury and so are Stearman and Sheehan.

That is how I want to play and with the right combination we can do it. Though if Dion is in defence then we get dragged back towards our own goal again. The left back position has caused me the most difficulty.

TF: You seemed to be quite happy to let Peter Gilbert go after a few weeks

CL: yes, well he didn’t settle in and I don’t think he really bought into what we were trying to do as quickly as we would have liked. So I made a mistake. I’ll put my hands up to that and then move on, you know?

Sheehan will play there, without a doubt; it’s just a matter of when. He is almost ready but still just a bit young. He is the one I have marked for that position and if we were playing well then it would be an easy decision, I would just put him in and say go ahead, get on with it. But the way things are just at the moment I am a bit reluctant to throw him in there. I have been dealing with emerging players of that age for a good few years now and you have to be careful with them. First you start them training with the first team and that step up sees an improvement in their game and their confidence grows. When you think they have reached a certain stage of maturity you can give them the odd game. But if you start playing them regularly and they have a nightmare then you can set their confidence back by months. Sheehan has been catching my eye in training for a while and I know that, when he is ready for the step up, he will give us that balance in defence.

i think it's good having theese young players but we need a balence in the side some experienced players as well thats why i would vote for lennon as player manager but i don't make the decisions in the team but i think that is are problem we have to many young players and not enough experience

Archived