Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Disillusioned

Momo on the Beeb

Interviewed on BBC 3 after Guinea's win over Tunisia (3-0 just in case you might be interested). Was on the bench as Guinea put out a second string side who looked very impressive against another second string.

Anyone else noticed how many useful West African teams there are: Nigeria, Cameroon, Ghana, Senegal, Ivory Coast? They are all pretty big , powerful and quick (sub Saharan sides seem quite weedy by comparison).

Would be good if we could get a few West African second stringers here. Apparently they have to get their passports sorted out in another EU country before we can get them

Interviewed on BBC 3 after Guinea's win over Tunisia (3-0 just in case you might be interested). Was on the bench as Guinea put out a second string side who looked very impressive against another second string.

Anyone else noticed how many useful West African teams there are: Nigeria, Cameroon, Ghana, Senegal, Ivory Coast? They are all pretty big , powerful and quick (sub Saharan sides seem quite weedy by comparison).

Would be good if we could get a few West African second stringers here. Apparently they have to get their passports sorted out in another EU country before we can get them

We would just have to raid any random Belgian or French team... But having watched a lot of this year's African Nations Cup, I have to say that quite a few sides would have been given a game by our current second string. Teams like Togo, South Africa, Morocco, Zimbabwe, Zambia and even DR Congo have almost been pushovers. A match between two second string sides with little at stake shouldn't be anything to go by.

I just find that for every 1 African footballer that succeeds in England and makes an impact, another 2 fail miserably...

He was on the bench even though they put out a second string side? Is that because he's normally part of the first team or because there's better players than him in the second team?

I must admit I've not followed the Africans Cup at all, is Momo getting any football out there? If not it makes me wonder what frame of mind he'll come back with?

He was on the bench even though they put out a second string side? Is that because he's normally part of the first team or because there's better players than him in the second team?

I must admit I've not followed the Africans Cup at all, is Momo getting any football out there? If not it makes me wonder what frame of mind he'll come back with?

I think he's played one game, he was injured for the first, played second, missed the next one as they put out a second string side.

Why would we want to sign "second string" West African player when we have a first string one, that you all call rubbish and want shot of.

Archived