Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shipman Out

Anderson enemy of Leicester fans

But writer asks: Why should he join a club in a perilous position?

Hatters' boss Mike Newell has been linked to the vacant manager's job at troubled Leicester City.

A report in today's Sun newspaper said: "Newell will stun Luton by quitting to take over the Leicester hot seat next week.

"Newell has been approached by Foxes bigwigs and has informed the Hatters he wants to take the job."

A spokesperson for the Hatters said: "We are not going to comment on speculation."

And a report in the Leicester Mercury poured cold water on the rumours.

Chief footballer writer Bill Anderson wrote: "Why should, for instance, Steve Cotterill, Billy Davies or Mike Newell, the three most readily-touted candidates, leave clubs where they are popular for another where, inevitably, they will be treated differently – and for a club who are in a perilous position?"

Leicester sit just above the Championship drop zone and have been searching for a new boss since parting company with former Hearts manager Craig Levein.

Newell, 41, has been linked to several clubs after last season's League One title triumph.

BILL ANDERSON is an enemy what is he suggesting that we will not like Newell, Davies or Cotterill "inevitably, they will be treated differently" !! What an IDIOT just cos we have sacked his scottish mate Levein, he is so far removed from the Leicester fans opinion it is unreal and he constantly writes about us and judges us and patronises us yet his finger is nowhere near the pulse!!! Levein's sacking was slated by him and came as a SHOCK!

Get him out Mercury its worse than Fox News!

i have wanted anderson out for a long, long time. he takes the leicester fans to be complete fools he never see the team play. it's been mentioned so many times that he should be axed, i don't know whether something could be done.

i have wanted anderson out for a long, long time. he takes the leicester fans to be complete fools he never see the team play. it's been mentioned so many times that he should be axed, i don't know whether something could be done.

It's not his fault, he's still bitter about the unwarranted sacking of David Pleat. He's never fully recovered from that.

I suggest you do whatever you like and let the rest of us do the same.

Fine, buy the Leicester Mercury to your heart's content - just don't complain when you get pissed off by Anderson. You all know what he's like - so why complain when he's written garbage?

Fine, buy the Leicester Mercury to your heart's content - just don't complain when you get pissed off by Anderson. You all know what he's like - so why complain when he's written garbage?

It's our local rag, not everything revolves around football you know :rolleyes:

I havent complained. I am not pissed off and I only but one a day. Change your nappy and have a nap.

Whatever you all say about Anderson - you're all helping to keep him in a job by buying the Mercury. So give yourselves a massive pat on the back :rolleyes:

Do you think moaning about Anderson on this board is going to make any difference?

Whatever you all say about Anderson - you're all helping to keep him in a job by buying the Mercury. So give yourselves a massive pat on the back :rolleyes:

Do you think moaning about Anderson on this board is going to make any difference?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

On that basis, my gran's keeping Anderson in a job as she buys it every day. I doubt very much whether she even knows who Bill Anderson is but I'll make sure I have a go at her for it when I see her on sunday

On that basis, my gran's keeping Anderson in a job as she buys it every day. I doubt very much whether she even knows who Bill Anderson is but I'll make sure I have a go at her for it when I see her on sunday

Yeah give her a fooking hiding :devil:

Archived