Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smudge

In Praise Of Rob Kelly

Whether Rob Kelly could ever be the manager for Leicester City is too soon to determine but from his interviews, he seems to be an articulate, team member who is interested in success by encouragement rather than stamping his authority over the players. I have been impressed by his comments vis,

"We believe in you, (his players), start believing in yourselves."

"It's not about me",

"The Club will do the right thing" (concerning his future)

"I'll wake up tomorrow morning and I'll get on with Wednesday"

"First game of a sixteen game season."

He seems to be an honest, non political individual with hopes and aspirations for his club's success first and foremost. Whatever happens, our club can only be enhanced by having people like Rob working for it.

Don't judge a book by it's cover. Don't judge a manager by the way he speaks.

When Levein first arrived, many people were going well OTT about how he talked sense and that he knew what he wanted and was going about it the right way. Levein is living proof that a person can talk the talk but they can't necessarily walk the walk.

Football is played on the pitch, and that's where managers earn their praise imo.

I imagine Kelly's a great bloke to have around.

From the evidence so far he makes some strange decisions and, like Levein, plays too many people out of position.

He admits himself he is not a ranter and it is not a pre-requisite. Newell is not a ranter from what I've seen.

But Newell has a presence that with all respect does not seem to be part of Kelly's make up.

I may be proved wrong but I think Kelly is a coach. Full stop.

He would do a reliable job helping someone but a visionary manager?. I don't know but I don't think so.

Tell you what though. If he masterminds a win over Wolves that will count for something and no-one will be more pleased that me.

I may be proved wrong but I think Kelly is a coach. Full stop.

He would do a reliable job helping someone but a visionary manager?. I don't know but I don't think so.

Are you still of this opinion? It seems you may be leaning towards his staying in charge now.

just listened to his latest interview and it seems the team had adopted a siege mentality and it is reminscant of the time when Adams first came to our club.

Let's give Kelly till the end of the season, but appoint a director of Football alongside him if he does well to help over see transfers. We know FA about whether he is good in the transfer market so someone more expeienced is require to assist him in that area of his job. Maybe CL as director of Football :P seriously I don't know who?

Are you still of this opinion? It seems you may be leaning towards his staying in charge now.

I thought this too VaFox. Thracian seemed to be very harsh towards Kelly after the Southampton game saying he has the imagination of an amoeba etc. Judging by some posts I've read by him since it would seem that all of that is now forgotten.

just listened to his latest interview and it seems the team had adopted a siege mentality and it is reminscant of the time when Adams first came to our club.

Let's give Kelly till the end of the season, but appoint a director of Football alongside him if he does well to help over see transfers. We know FA about whether he is good in the transfer market so someone more expeienced is require to assist him in that area of his job. Maybe CL as director of Football :P seriously I don't know who?

If we employ Kelly until the end of the season, why bother with a Director of Football unless he remains in charge thru the summer and into next season? There won't be many transfers to worry about - only loans in or out, and those aren't too likely - and since De Vries left on loan on Kelly's watch, I don't think they'll cause him too much trouble.

I think what he needs more than anything is another coach. It can't be too easy for Kelly and Stowell to coach the entire team themselves - especially as Kelly has a few other responsibilities - especially when you consider there were 3 or 4 coaches running training sessions before.

If we employ Kelly until the end of the season, why bother with a Director of Football unless he remains in charge thru the summer and into next season? There won't be many transfers to worry about - only loans in or out, and those aren't too likely - and since De Vries left on loan on Kelly's watch, I don't think they'll cause him too much trouble.

I think what he needs more than anything is another coach. It can't be too easy for Kelly and Stowell to coach the entire team themselves - especially as Kelly has a few other responsibilities - especially when you consider there were 3 or 4 coaches running training sessions before.

Sorry mate I think you misunderstood me, The idea of a DOF was suggested afterthe end of the season. Sorry for the confusion. I agree that he needs another coach two coached, one a goalkpeeping coach, is just not enough. He needs a assistant.

I thought this too VaFox. Thracian seemed to be very harsh towards Kelly after the Southampton game saying he has the imagination of an amoeba etc. Judging by some posts I've read by him since it would seem that all of that is now forgotten.

I didn't read that comment but if that is what he said, then he needs to realize that he has a responsibilty to his readers to rise above that kind of rhetoric.

Sorry mate I think you misunderstood me, The idea of a DOF was suggested afterthe end of the season. Sorry for the confusion. I agree that he needs another coach two coached, one a goalkpeeping coach, is just not enough. He needs a assistant.

Oh right!

I'm not thrilled about the idea of a DOF - but I suppose there are benefits to be had if Kelly becomes number 1 - he could use some help with the 'business' side of management. Having said that, who's to say the guy with transfer market experience and so on has to be above Kelly? Surely an experienced Assistant Manager would do just as much good. The key is experience - wether it's a DOF or an Assistant. Actually I think I'd rather it was an Assistant in that case - it'd be a case of hitting two birds with one stone - an extra coach, and some experience for transfer business etc. :thumbup:

Help Yes, DOF No

How about (I know it's been posted somewhere before) but this guy has shed loads of experience. Worked with the young kids at ManU

Kidd keen on return to coaching

Kidd hopes his experience will help his cause

Former Manchester United coach Brian Kidd is eager to get back into football after recovering from prostate cancer.

The 56-year-old also managed Blackburn Rovers and was part of the England backroom coaching staff.

Archived