Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

Who thinks Newell will be City Manager

Newell  

35 members have voted

1. 1. New Manager

• yes
    • no

Well now he's apparently told Sky he's staying put at Luton, I'm not sure we could trust him anyway!

Here's the story on the Sky Sports site

Newell confirms Luton stay

Mike Newell has confirmed he will remain at Luton after reportedly rejecting the opportunity to manage Championship rivals Leicester.

The Foxes were believed to have made former Leicester player Newell their number one choice to replace the recently sacked Craig Levein.

However, Luton were equally keen to resist the overtures of the Midlands club in a bid to keep the 41-year-old, who has masterminded The Hatters' revival in recent seasons, at Kenilworth Road.

To that end Hatters chiefs are believed to have made guarantees regarding a future cash injection in order to match Newell's ambition of managing a club with Premiership aspirations.

And that now appears to have met with success, with Newell claiming he has no regrets over opting to remain at Kenilworth Road.

"I have made my decision to stay at Luton - and I am very happy with it," said Newell.

Archived