Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox4ever

Apology needed

I think that if these quotes are acurate then Mike Newell owes this board an apology because as I read it he never intended to come to Leicester and now has what he always wanted, a new contract.

He wasted our time and gave our board false hope, he should have done like other managers in the past and said he was flattered but staying put, not lead us to believe he was interested by attending two interviews.

Perhaps someone should ask Kamara for his comments.

Quote:

Newell, whose contract runs out at the end of next season, has been in talks about a new deal for two months, and Luton chairman Bill Tomlins stressed that discussions had begun long before news of Leicester's interest arose.

''Never at any stage did I consider going to Leicester,'' Newell told PA Sport.

''We have been discussing a three-and-a-half-year extension to my Luton contract since early December.

''These things take time, but there is no rush. I'm committed, I want to stay and I see no problem in signing the deal.''

But he also said Leicester never offered him the job, So in that instance how could he of ever considered comming here ?

swings and rounabouts imo, let the lanky streak of piss, waste away at a club bound for nothing more than a relegation battle nx season.

But he also said Leicester never offered him the job, So in that instance how could he of ever considered comming here ?

swings and rounabouts imo, let the lanky streak of piss, waste away at a club bound for nothing more than a relegation battle nx season.

He's waiting for the Bolton job :ermm:

Mike Newell and Luton Town FC can suck my balls

I won't lose any sleep about Mike Newell turning us down. At all. The guy has managed a Division 2 outfit to the CCC, a feat in which he was aided by two solid assistants in Joe Kinnear and Mick Harford- both of whom kerplunked in their later jobs, Harford especially. Point is- he still has a lot to learn, and we don't need a manager still waiting to take the training wheels off his bike. I would go for Penney, Adrian Heath, and others who have had a taste of the ups and downs of management before someone like Newell, who clearly doesn't know what he's passing up.

I maintain that Luton will not be in this division in two seasons.

Archived