Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Birch'sLeftBoot

RK on Football Phone-In

Hi! Not sure anyone caught Rob Kelly calling in the Heart Football Phone-In today, taking questions from Britles, Birch, and Davies. It was a pretty solid interview. Some points he made:

- Key point for him is keeping it simple, making sure the lads know they have a clean slate and a fresh chance at making an impression.

- Keeping changes to a minimum, such as 1-2 only a week, so that the lads have a chance to settle in together.

- Devastated about Weso, but has a feeling that he is young enough and tough enough to rally back and have a right go at a full return.

- Birch commented that some of the senior members of the staff needing sorting, and that the reason may be indicative of the drop in form as of late. Kelly said that all are playing a role, and that he is trying to harp the fundamentals to the young players and making all fit in a system.

- Birtles and Davies went nuts with joy when he said "keeping it simple", as they have been strong opponents of the complicated computer-based analysis crap that Levein and Brown advocated, and think that Kelly is spot-on in bringing it back to basics, as it is "an easy game".

I know many here despise the phone-in, but being an American Foxes fan, it's an easy way to get some insight into the Leicester goings-on. Plus, Birch is entertaining as hell....most of the time. :D

Worth a listen...good stuff. Sounds chuffed to get the job and just an on-the-whole nice guy. Let's hope the success keeps up!!!

- Birtles and Davies went nuts with joy when he said "keeping it simple", as they have been strong opponents of the complicated computer-based analysis crap that Levein and Brown advocated, and think that Kelly is spot-on in bringing it back to basics, as it is "an easy game".

Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd all make use of complicated computer-based analysis crap like Prozone. I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with complicated computer-based analysis, in fact I think it probably helps teams. It's most likely to be the case that Levein just didn't know what he was doing.

Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd all make use of complicated computer-based analysis crap like Prozone. I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with complicated computer-based analysis, in fact I think it probably helps teams. It's most likely to be the case that Levein just didn't know what he was doing.

However, those teams are also deeper in talent, have more established players comfortable at their level, more veteran leadership on the pitch, and bigger, more savvy coaching staffs (no offense to any of our lot). I think it can be a useful tool for those teams as a supplement to their superior training, talent, and let's face it, budget. But here, and in this league, it's smarter to keep it simple and go for a players-up approach to get ourselves established and teach players the fundamentals. A computer can't do that, last time I checked. And on a young side like this, that's what is needed...

Agreed, in fact you will be hard pushed to find a succesful premiership manager that doesn't make use of prozone.

The "keep it simple approach" does not have to be exclusive with prozone. It can be used to make sure they know what they are supossed to be doign and where they are going wrong. If "keeping it simple" means the ditiching of analysis and individual instruction then it means absaloutely nothing.

Seriously, this is the case.

What a **** idiot Levein is.

Archived