Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Knightonian

England versus India

Despite the injuries and the odds clearly stacked against us, will anyone be watching this. I'm hoping to catch what I can. I have nothing to do tomorrow so I might try to watch it from the start tonight.

We can't rely on the weather or a Glen Mcgrath injury this time ;) , but any improvement from the Pakistan tour would be welcome.

I heard on SSN earlier India are 13/8 to win, we are 6/1, but it might be worth watching anyway :ph34r:.

England need to learn to bat patiently.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Indians batted for 2 full days and posted a hefty score.

:yesyes:

Good to see another promising England batsman coming through. I'm slightly nervous about our bowling, but they've proved us wrong before in India.

Pietrsen just caughted out for 80-when will the boy learn to be patient

that's a very harsh comment. patients isn't kevin's game, he needs to play the way that is natural to him, he's been doing well with it so far in his short career. you can't have a go at a bloke who's just hit 87!

i know he has only played 1 test that im aware of, but could Cook take Strauss place in the england team? Cook playing very well and i cant remember strauss playing well recently

i know he has only played 1 test that im aware of, but could Cook take Strauss place in the england team? Cook playing very well and i cant remember strauss playing well recently

Or Bell's place?

The performances of Cook and Collingwood are certainly going to give the selectors some headaches for the summer if they continue in this vein.

Or Bell's place?

The performances of Cook and Collingwood are certainly going to give the selectors some headaches for the summer if they continue in this vein.

cook will keep his place, that is surely a certainty. i think you have to look at bell being under threat, though i do believe that bell will develop into a real top class player. strauss, trescothik, vaughan and pieterson won't be left out as they have done enough to keep their places for the forseeable future.

Pietrsen just caughted out for 80-when will the boy learn to be patient

I we had a batter who just pinched singles and 2's we may not have been in a position to declare, in that session he took Indias chance of winning away.

I think Fred should have come in after K.P that way we may have been able to have a few overs at them before stumps.

sounds good. is monty going to be englands new spinner or will the selecters stick with giles?

well, giles and vaughan are very good mates, so that may have a baring on things. it will be interesting for sure, giles is getting on a bit, and he is a "spinner" of the loosest sense.

India need 132 to win off the last 15 overs and they have been smacking the ball round the park. this is getting a bit to tense :ermm:

it's a draw, india lost wickets whilst attacking and it's too dark to play on. good performance england.

hopefully we can build on this and win the second test. the only reason i think giles has played so many tests is because most english spinners arent very good. for example blackwell is doing pretty rubbish. but with monty playing quite well giles might up his own game aswell

• 3 weeks later...

I'm slightly nervous about our bowling, but they've proved us wrong before in India.

How can you be nervous about the bowling. England have one of the best, if not the best, bowling attack in the world with plenty of world class bowlers to fall back on if injury strikes. Anderson, Plunket, Tremlett, Panesar, Blackwell and the list can go on. I think the main thing England could do with improving is the patience when they are batting!

Archived