Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Smith goes back to Arsenal

I agree with the reservations that most fans have of young Ryan. But he had cult status (briefly) when he first arrived and many of his weaknesses were evident then.

His main problem is his ball greediness. Because he is blessed with touch and pace he thinks that he has a divine right to monopolise possession to the point of uselessness. I just wonder why this shitty notion has not been kicked out of him. Could it be when any punters sees this colt they all say, "Look how quick he is! Look how skilfull he is!'

And then you look at his namesake and role model at Manure. He's built his entire career running-and-a-dribbling-and-a-squandering possession (I'm amazed that more Manure fans haven't topped themselves in frustration at his 'afterthought' crossing). But tell me how many commentators have you ever heard saying, "He's over-run it AGAIN" or "Yet another Giggs ball hits the corner flag." (?)

Of course, young Mr Smith has the perfect role model at home. Yet all we hear 99% of the time about the best player playing in the UK (just ahead of young Master Rooney) is his 'trademark pace' (ironically Ashley Cole licks him in training sprints). Is it any wonder that young Ryan learns the WRONG lessons.

And until he has assessments like, "Henry yet again delivers the inch perfect pass to a man in space" and "Another goal for Arsenal because Thierry unselfishly picked out an unmarked team mate in the box" in his under-used lugs, our young gooner loanee will never fulfill his undoubted potential.

If Rooney could learn this lesson at 16, Smudger, you can too (if you want to).

better if he goes on a free that way we dont have to give the trees 40%

It was posted on here in the last few days that we can get a fee, and avoid the sell-on payment - provided the fee doesn't exceed a particular price (250k or 500k come to mind).

edit: I can't seem to find the post in which it was mentioned. Perhaps I imagined it. lol

as 'good' a player a smith was he rarely contributed to the bigger picture. very exciting going forward, but tended to disappear in the second half of games where we needed a little something extra. great when the team was playing well but in those dire 0-0 or 1-1 games that needed alift, knowhere to be seen.

he will becoe a good player it would appear though. talent and potential

Archived