Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Smith goes back to Arsenal

When he was only here for a month, he looked bothered, but once the deal was extended his attitude, and level of performance changed.

Ok, so he's skillful, but as others have suggested, he was a luxury we can't afford at present. I personally feel he was a bit of a let down following the hype, and shaln't be losing any sleep over his return to The Arse.

I won't be losing any sleep either because we're doing well without him but his last few games for us coincided with the horrific rut we were in under Levein and all the players looked dis-interested and massively lacking confidence.

I will cherish the memories of his debut at Derby and his devastating game against Sheff United where he scored one ans set 2 up. It's a shame he didn't prove to be as good as we all thought he would, but we were only going to have him for a season anyway.

Whenever I met him he never seemed like he was a big time charlie, but he might have been different with the other players.

I will cherish the memories of his debut at Derby and his devastating game against Sheff United where he scored one ans set 2 up. It's a shame he didn't prove to be as good as we all thought he would, but we were only going to have him for a season anyway.
That's what I mean, such a disappointment. I wish him all the best for the future, as if he applies himself correctly, he will be a good, if not great, player.

it doesn't bother me, it was never going to be permanent. welsh isn't a bad player anyway and it's more realistic to think he could stay beyong his loan spell.

You have formed that opinion on a 20 min spell though. We all thought Smith was going to be one of the best players we've ever had after his debut, what happened?

obviously a ploy by R Kelly to make Arsenal think that we're not interested in him and that we don't even want him for free. At the end of the season, Rob will wack in a sneaky 50k bid and land him and Wenger won't know what's hit him - proper hustle style (which is coming back to TV Screen near you) :cool:

I went off ryan when he developed this 'couldnt care less attitude' a few weeks before Kelly took over. His attitude at Plymouth stunk and his dawdling to take a corner when we were losing pissed me right off. He was cracking when he first came but I cant say ive missed him in the past couple of weeks.

You have formed that opinion on a 20 min spell though. We all thought Smith was going to be one of the best players we've ever had after his debut, what happened?

TBH I thought that when he came on, even though it was for only 20 mins he looked half decent. But what impressed me most was that he wanted the ball, he found space and was itching for someone to pass it to him. Which in recent times, there's been no-one doing that.

a) He was going at the end of the season anyway.

b) Facts are we have done better without him.

I couldn't give a shite as long as we stay up.

Too right, Good decision by Kelly, he's stamping his authority on the squad and we do better without him and his flash skills which don't do jack in Championship football. Good decision Rob :)

Agreed with these two, amongst others.

He has bags of potential, but didn't do much whilst he was here. He wasn't very effective with his final ball and his decision making at critical times was questionable. I think Kelly's made the correct decision, as we've proved that we don't need him in the team to pick up points.

He could be the next Jermain Pennant if he continues like this though :unsure:

I went off ryan when he developed this 'couldnt care less attitude' a few weeks before Kelly took over. His attitude at Plymouth stunk and his dawdling to take a corner when we were losing pissed me right off. He was cracking when he first came but I cant say ive missed him in the past couple of weeks.

I don't know where this cockish attitude comes from? Ric was saying he seems a very quiet and shy guy off the field which I've also heard off other people. I think it could be immaturity more than anything. Can you imagine if he'd tried to throw his toys out of the pram under MON? He'd be sent into a dark room with Walshy... he wouldn’t have done it again. :ph34r:

If we actually owned him, what would people's views of him be? I think they would be a little different, I know this is an irrelevant question but it seems alot of people have jumped on the bandwagon to say he wasn't good effective enough for us, but they weren't saying that before xmas when he was worth the entrance fee alone.

I was certainly saying it before Christmas, I even started a thread on the subject!

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...topic=12662&hl=

obviously a ploy by R Kelly to make Arsenal think that we're not interested in him and that we don't even want him for free. At the end of the season, Rob will wack in a sneaky 50k bid and land him and Wenger won't know what's hit him - proper hustle style (which is coming back to TV Screen near you) :cool:

Cracking series that.

Im guessing its because hes a young lad, obviously has more skill than the rest of the side (I would challenge that) certainly on a par potential wise with others at Leicester and thought he would walk it. RK has it bang on imo - no room for primadonas in a relegation fight.

Im guessing its because hes a young lad, obviously has more skill than the rest of the side (I would challenge that) certainly on a par potential wise with others at Leicester and thought he would walk it. RK has it bang on imo - no room for primadonas in a relegation fight.

Let's see if he'll **** Williams off aswell then.

wat

do arsneal want him back for they dont really need him

I'd imagine that as he isn't getting first team football, there is no point in having him here on loan when he can learn more in the reserves at Aresenal (especially how to speak French!!)

P.s. What exactly does Ric Flair do (as mentioned in an above post)? Do you/does he work at the training ground or something? 'Cause you/he always seems to know alot about the training ground an youth players??

I'd imagine that as he isn't getting first team football, there is no point in having him here on loan when he can learn more in the reserves at Aresenal (especially how to speak French!!)

P.s. What exactly does Ric Flair do (as mentioned in an above post)? Do you/does he work at the training ground or something? 'Cause you/he always seems to know alot about the training ground an youth players??

I don't do anything special. I only know alot about the youth players as I go to watch the matches regularly.

Smith is over-rated. Football is a team game but Smith plays for himself. He will be on his bike from Arsenal as well unless he changes his attitude to working for the team when not in possession. Kelly has gone up in my estimation.

Good move by Kelly. Smith contributed very little when he didn't have the ball and when he did have the ball his use of it wasn't the best. You might as well use players like Maybury on the wings as he can defend and, as he showed against Derby County at home, isn't afraid to push on and have a pop at goal. He isn't a natural winger but if you haven't got wingers who can attack particularly well or defend then you might aswell have someone who can defend reasonably well and attack on occasions on the wings.

Kelly is only in charge until the end of the season. He can only effect what happens between now and then. As Smith is only here until the end of this season and Rob doesn't see him as the right kind of player at this time then it makes sense to just send him back. Smith may well be better than other wingers at the club but those players are Leicester City players so it's easier for him to send back Smith. This is something he is able to effect and he has done.

Good move by Kelly. Smith contributed very little when he didn't have the ball and when he did have the ball his use of it wasn't the best. You might as well use players like Maybury on the wings as he can defend and, as he showed against Derby County at home, isn't afraid to push on and have a pop at goal. He isn't a natural winger but if you haven't got wingers who can attack particularly well or defend then you might aswell have someone who can defend reasonably well and attack on occasions on the wings.

Kelly is only in charge until the end of the season. He can only effect what happens between now and then. As Smith is only here until the end of this season and Rob doesn't see him as the right kind of player at this time then it makes sense to just send him back. Smith may well be better than other wingers at the club but those players are Leicester City players so it's easier for him to send back Smith. This is something he is able to effect and he has done.

I agree with all of that. It is a pity they didn't have someone like you around when they bought these wingers who cannot do their job and left us with the predicament in the first place. It's been one endless stream of bodged jobs this season and we will be fortunate indeed not to pay the price in relegation.

I agree with all of that. It is a pity they didn't have someone like you around when they bought these wingers who cannot do their job and left us with the predicament in the first place. It's been one endless stream of bodged jobs this season and we will be fortunate indeed not to pay the price in relegation.

So glad he has been bounced out of the place.

Let's not forget this - he has been got rid of by Kelly.

Total show pony.

His attitude and behaviour were a disgrace at Brighton - flu or no flu.

We so don't need that sort of big time charlie player in a relegation battle.

He won't make it in the professional leagues at the highest level.

He's poison. Just like that other Arsenal tvvat Keown.

Great day.

Well done Kelly bouncing another of Levein's losers out the door.

I'm hoping we can make Williams out to be our saviour at the end of the season - and hopefully someone will pay for him. :P

better if he goes on a free that way we dont have to give the trees 40%

Archived