Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ron Combo

A Baptism of Fire

I write as a very old (and almost former) City fan. I came to Leicester from Devon to study law at the Poly. My club of choice was Torquay United. Going to Filbert Street was like going to spend a day in London after living in Hinckley. So big, so passionate! Frank Worthington, Keith Weller, Lenny Glover, big hitting, jet-setting (?) footballers with loads of wonga and talent...and 39,000 for that cup match against the Arse and that big effing tosser Charlie George giving the V sign to the Kop after cheating a goal in the 89th minute in the cup tie, as per bleeding usual. Happy days. And it can never leave you, that desire and affection for a football club that is as inexplicable as our choice of partner. I'll just get my coat.

I write as a very old (and almost former) City fan. I came to Leicester from Devon to study law at the Poly. My club of choice was Torquay United. Going to Filbert Street was like going to spend a day in London after living in Hinckley. So big, so passionate! Frank Worthington, Keith Weller, Lenny Glover, big hitting, jet-setting (?) footballers with loads of wonga and talent...and 39,000 for that cup match against the Arse and that big effing tosser Charlie George giving the V sign to the Kop after cheating a goal in the 89th minute in the cup tie, as per bleeding usual. Happy days. And it can never leave you, that desire and affection for a football club that is as inexplicable as our choice of partner. I'll just get my coat.

Too true. :D:D:D:P;):thumbup:

No need to get your coat Ron - stick around the good times are just around the corner :P:)

And it can never leave you, that desire and affection for a football club that is as inexplicable as our choice of partner. I'll just get my coat.
:cry: How very true. Hopefully happy days are here again. :ph34r:

Archived