Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
12FRYATT

Promotion Push?

will next year finally be the year for a promotion push, we are playing some great football and getting great results aginst some not bad teams except millwall! i hope Rob kelly stays because he has found the right formula, he knows the players and i hope that if we can keep some of the better players like Stearman, Kisnorbo, Mccarthy, Williams, Wesolowski, Hughes, Hume & Fryatt then i think we can go on from there. Looking forward to spoiling the hopeful Reading party. Up the foxes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

it's promising, but the key is certainly in the summer transfer activity. if we keep all the main players and make 3 good signings who knows. At least city fans can have a bit of long awaited optimism.

i totally agree, but i dont understand everyones thinking about us losing our best players. i dont think any of them will be leaving as they would not leave for another team in the championship and realistically does anyone think any premiership clubs will want them?

I think it will be too soon for a promotion push after a poor season. I will rather be looking to finish top half and possibly the play off's, but top half will be fairly good after this season. The season after that we could try and push on from there and go for a top 6 finish.

just remembered that we will be getting another £1million from wigan from the sale of Dave Connolly, maybe a good quality player there

i think that money has already been spent, in terms of loosing the parachute payments etc...

i totally agree, but i dont understand everyones thinking about us losing our best players. i dont think any of them will be leaving as they would not leave for another team in the championship and realistically does anyone think any premiership clubs will want them?

Well we've lost one in the shape of Joey.

We're perhaps not going to lose our best players, but we're gonna lose a lot of players in any case.

We might be shipping MDV off, Morris' contract will probably just be left to expire, ditto for Tiatto. Welsh is only on loan, so we might not retain him. So already we're looking to lose 4 or 5 players that I can think of. We might even terminate some contracts early just to get rid of players to make room for others to come in (can we terminate Sylla, please?)

The team will look a fair bit different next season, regardless of potential purchases of our players.

i think that money has already been spent, in terms of loosing the parachute payments etc...

I'm sure soneone has recently said, and i think it was TD, that the £1m has already been used due to the poor attendences this season, so if we do have no money, its the fault of the stayaway fans. Don't really blame them, cos we have been poor this year. And even after RK has taken over, the games have not really got any better, even though the results have.

Archived