Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Bring It On

Nils-Eric Johansson says that City's season is far from over.

After finding themselves in the relegation places in mid-January, the Foxes have gone through a remarkable transformation since Rob Kelly took charge - collecting an impressive 24 points from a possible 36.

But after last weekend's results confirmed that the Foxes would again be plying their trade in the Championship next season, Johansson confirmed the players would certainly not be taking their foot off the gas.

He said: "A lot of people may think that we haven't got much left to play for - but we do not see it like that at all.

"The competition is as hot as ever in the squad. I certainly want to play every game and also win every game - especially now we are playing so well. You just want to keep it going.

"We have been getting some great feedback from the fans. They are totally behind us and that makes a big difference when you are out on the pitch. It's a lot of fun.

"It's weird how everything changes so fast. It is only April and we are almost looking ahead to next season already. You have to cherish the days when it is good."

City's next opponents are Preston North End at the Walkers Stadium on Saturday, followed by a highly anticipated derby clash against Coventry on Easter Monday.

And following Friday night's victory over Crystal Palace, Nisse says the Foxes fear nobody.

He added: "I suppose you can draw a number of similarities between Preston and Palace. Both teams look to have secured a place in the play offs and they have been doing really well.

"I think that we were unfortunate not to win up at Deepdale earlier in the season. We were the better side on that occasion.

"But since then they have been on an incredible run which has been very impressive. They are a good, solid team who work hard for each other.

"It will be a hard game, but we aren't scared of anyone at the moment. Bring it on.

"I've read that we could be taking 5,000 fans to Coventry which would be a phenomenal effort. We are all looking forward to that game and I hope that we won't disappoint."

Johansson has scored just once this season - a record he is hoping to add to before the end of the campaign.

He concluded: "I get a nosebleed if I go up the pitch! If I wanted to be critical about myself then I would say that I don't score many goals.

"I enjoy scoring, but it only happens once in every blue moon, so that's something for me to work on. But if we keep a clean sheet then I will take that."

NEJ

He concluded: "I get a nosebleed if I go up the pitch! If I wanted to be critical about myself then I would say that I don't score many goals.

"I enjoy scoring, but it only happens once in every blue moon, so that's something for me to work on. But if we keep a clean sheet then I will take that."

With the support from a developing cult centered around Skills, that will get rectified soon. :thumbup:

With the aid of plenty of alcohol.

Hey people I cant start my own thread about this but on the OS I also see a Leicester City World thingey (which I cant access because I dont have LCFC World) and it says about How Chris O'Grady is pleased with the progress he's made and that he aims to continue this in the first-team line up..

So does that mean he's starting against Preston?? Could anyone check this for me?

Hey people I cant start my own thread about this but on the OS I also see a Leicester City World thingey (which I cant access because I dont have LCFC World) and it says about How Chris O'Grady is pleased with the progress he's made and that he aims to continue this in the first-team line up..

So does that mean he's starting against Preston?? Could anyone check this for me?

No, because he states that Kelly will most likely pick the same side if he is able to. Chris does mention that he is pleased with breaking into the 16 and that he will take his chances if he is called upon.

To me the interview seems to cover a lot of old ground regarding how pleased Chris was with his goal at Luton and things like that. Might just be me but I think he may have been put forward by the club to do an interview as in the last two interviews I've heard with him he has seemed to provide really short answers that give the journalists nothing to work with. At the start of this interview Sanders seems to ask CO'G a question really slowly as if to suggest "take your time and give me a decent lengthed answer". Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it just seems like a repeat of his post Luton interview just with longer, better thought out responses. Personally I couldn't care less what his interview technique is like if he can perform on the pitch.

After saying yesterday that Nissa probably wants to leave Leicester I think I might have been wrong. If he's happy here then i'm happy for him to stay but I still think we'd be better if either he could master going forward or we played a proper left back.

Archived