Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Firefox Support

Anyone on here a billy wiz with firefox only I've been using it quite sucessfully for months, nay years. Well today it's gone all tits up.

It started when the my other half logged on this morning and got a message about an update which she chose to put on hold. When turning off the PC it said it was doing an automatic update.

I then came along switched it on and now cannot get firefox to work.

I've tried deleting and reinstalling, switching off Norton firewall but all I get is this:

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.mozilla.com.

* Check the address for typing errors such as

ww.example.com instead of

www.example.com

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network

connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

IE and Flash peak slim browser works but I want my firefox back. :cry:

Does anyone have any idea as to what the hell is happening as it's driving me mad? :mad::mad:

I had a similar problem with this when i ignored an update.... I can't remmeber exactly what i did but it sort of sorted itself out after a couple of days :S

When i tried to open it though instead of errors i had lost all my bookmarks and tabs and what not, sorry though i don't know what to suggest technical wise

Stupid question... but in your aboe post where you've typed in mozilla.com you have a full stop after it, you've not put that in it have you by mistake?

I had a similar problem with this when i ignored an update.... I can't remmeber exactly what i did but it sort of sorted itself out after a couple of days :S

When i tried to open it though instead of errors i had lost all my bookmarks and tabs and what not, sorry though i don't know what to suggest technical wise

Stupid question... but in your aboe post where you've typed in mozilla.com you have a full stop after it, you've not put that in it have you by mistake?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, No thats copied straight from the message I got.

Anyone on here a billy wiz with firefox only I've been using it quite sucessfully for months, nay years. Well today it's gone all tits up.

It started when the my other half logged on this morning and got a message about an update which she chose to put on hold. When turning off the PC it said it was doing an automatic update.

I then came along switched it on and now cannot get firefox to work.

I've tried deleting and reinstalling, switching off Norton firewall but all I get is this:

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.mozilla.com.

* Check the address for typing errors such as

ww.example.com instead of

www.example.com

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network

connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

IE and Flash peak slim browser works but I want my firefox back. :cry:

Does anyone have any idea as to what the hell is happening as it's driving me mad? :mad::mad:

Just had a quick browse on Firefox's website and it does look like it is your Norton shite (try using something half decent :smile: ) which is upsetting it. So Try This

I've posted on there and have followed the instructions but can only get as far as step 4 as for some reason I'm not the supervisor in charge of my Norton. I think i'll have to take the plunge and dump Norton as it's always causing me problems.

Thanks for the help though. If you know how to configure Norton then let me know :huh::ermm:

I've posted on there and have followed the instructions but can only get as far as step 4 as for some reason I'm not the supervisor in charge of my Norton. I think i'll have to take the plunge and dump Norton as it's always causing me problems.

Thanks for the help though. If you know how to configure Norton then let me know :huh::ermm:

I'd dump the Norton, everyone I know who's had it has had problems.

My ex had it and everytime she did a scan it said no viruses, but her computer was playing up so she took it to a PC guy who did a scan and found over 30 viruses which Norton hadn't picked up.

It's all about McAfee.

Configure it by clicking the "Uninstall" option :whistle: . I would recommend getting rid of Norton, reinstalling Firefox, and then downloading AVG Anti Virus - by far the best virus software you can get.

Configure it by clicking the "Uninstall" option :whistle: . I would recommend getting rid of Norton, reinstalling Firefox, and then downloading AVG Anti Virus - by far the best virus software you can get.

Agreed, Get AVG from hear http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5

Its free and not so heavy on computer processors.

Norton is awful takes up to much processors in your computer and slows it down.

Make sure you uninstall it properly and notice the speed next time you turn your computer on!

Also use this free firewall:- http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/cata...d=dbtopnav_zass

Again absolutley FREE and does a better job then they over priced, over hyped Norton....No offence norton users :smile:

Geek mode over and out

:thumbup:;)

Archived