Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SystonFox

Preston Match Thread

Was right in front of me and there was no headbutt at all. He basically kicked out at Joey who made a meal of it as always but there was a definite lashing out from Ormerod! Still red cards have been given for far less and 'a talking to' was ridiculously lenient.

Was right in front of me and there was no headbutt at all. He basically kicked out at Joey who made a meal of it as always but there was a definite lashing out from Ormerod! Still red cards have been given for far less and 'a talking to' was ridiculously lenient.

agreed

Well, as an exile, yesterday's match was my first of the season. Do we have a midfield? We did not compete at all - all credit to Preston, they won fair and square by simply outmuscling City all afternoon. The only City player to come out of the match with credit was Fryatt- can't help feeling a "bigger" club will take him from us in the summer!

After yesterday and watching both The Championship and Football League Review,I am seriously worried about Hughes' lack of strength in the tackle which was evident before both Preston goals(the second being part of the build up to the corner) Add this to Williams' disinclination to get stuck in and Joey's departure and you can see a very clear weakness in our midfield.I think that at least one of our four excellent centre backs will have to be sold to fund the strengthening of this crucial area.

I hope Weso recovers properly I'm confident he can do a good job there next season if he keeps fit and injury free.

I spoke to Weso yesterday about how he is getting on and he said it seems to be going really well, but he thinks he needs to take his time as he doesn't wanna do it again. He says making it by the start of the season is his aim, but he's says he would rather take his time and get himself properly fit, as it is difficult to remember that he has only played 5 games for the club. He seems like a real nice genuine guy. Confident but I wouldn't say he was arrogant.

Archived